The JP McManus Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Last Shadow running again today with Mclernon up. Still holds it's triumph entry - worth a punt in the knowledge that Jonjo is as dodgy as they come?

he'll need to finish a lot closer than 5th today. expect a hard held 2nd or 3rd to try and get a mark about 126ish.

Finished 6th

Mid-division, headway after 4th, lost place before 3 out opened 20/1

SP 16/1

Last edited:
As the Festival draws closer the tempo will be increasing no end at Jackdaw. Jonjo seems to come up with a winner when you least expect it and it didn't take him too long last year winning the 3rd race on the first day with Alfie Sherrin and following that up with a good 2nd from Get Me Out Of Here, took the Gold Cup with Syncronised and Sunnyhillboy winning by a street length.

Unfortunately the best handicapped horse in the yard wouldn't get in at Cheltenham off his current mark but that should change in the coming weeks as the ground dries up. Watch this space :whistle:

Last edited:
Well not sure how good Wyck Hill is and no surprise if he turned out to be a good thing but for anyone looking for something e/w I think Quantitativeeasing is interesting. Tomorrow is the first time since his last win at Cheltenham in December 2011 that he carries under 11 stone, is back on a rating in the 140's and maybe most importantly of all is back on the good ground that he's shown his best form on to date. Horse is still only 8 and will probably pop up in one of these handicaps sooner or later. He has something to prove going right handed but overall still a live e/w chance I think. The market may or may not tell us something, one way or tother.

Last edited:
Good luck with that Marb, though some would say the market has already spoken, when his owner bought a different horse a few days before the race.

Back