The JP McManus Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Given how highly all connections rated Jezki I feel that the guesstimate above is way short.

I didn't want to interject but the price tag will have been in excess of 590,000. If anyone disagrees please show me your workings.

I've rechecked my workings. I forgot to add a one. Jezki will have gone for €750k.

Last edited:
You've lost us there? Are you implying BG would have got off Jezki? If you are you're wrong!

We have been over this all before. Geraghty is retained by Henderson - who is very likely to have a fancied runner in the Supreme . He would have been required to ride it and would not put his relationship with Henderson and his owners at risk.

We have been over this all before. Geraghty is retained by Henderson - who is very likely to have a fancied runner in the Supreme . He would have been required to ride it and would not put his relationship with Henderson and his owners at risk.

You're 100% correct. I lost the run of myself there somewhere.

Agreed, Slim.....though not unknown for the great man to fire more than one arrow at the Supreme. We'll see.

To be fair, he could have been talking about the fag machine in the bar, and Berry would likely have gone to six-figures for that.

You could very well be right OTB.

Mind you if he has come on from that wander round last time Jonjo is more likely to have left plenty to work on and have him off for his life. If he finished 3rd apparently on merit they'd get a better price come the big day.

If he is good enough to win a Triumph and had no race finishing close up with no apparent effort being made the bookies would be far less prepared to lay a decent bet come March.

Then again JP might say to himself I want to win 250k and put on what he has to to take out that amount and to hell what the price is.

No sense in trying to second guess Jonjo where JP's horses are concerned unless you like headaches

Last edited:
His best form on the Flat was on soft/heavy and was nothing more than a run of the mill handicapper. Suspect there'll be plenty in the Fred Winter with profiles at least as appealing.

Yeah David surely there is but they've been on the gallops 3 times a week:lol:

Wouldn't worry about his jumping either Jonjo might even start schooling him soon:whistle:

Cheltenham? Don't know but AP will and if he does turn up he'll be a different horse

Back