The JP McManus Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Wyck Hill has had eight stitches and fourteen staples inserted in its hind leg so I would imagine there are excuses for yesterday's performance, not that I have seen the race.

He belted the first pretty hard DG, and wasn't too good at the second either. After that I guess his jumping would have been hindered by the injury. I was watching him (hadn't backed him) and was thinking can't jump.

Another JP McManus Sensation that will probably pi$$ up at Cheltenham if he turns up. Expected to be an even better horse on good ground. He was deliberately given too much to do.

Though he wouldn't be a 2m horse, Defy Logic attracted AP across the water yesterday, and albeit outsped by Annie Power, ran a blinding trial for the Neptune.

Though he wouldn't be a 2m horse, Defy Logic attracted AP across the water yesterday, and albeit outsped by Annie Power, ran a blinding trial for the Neptune.

I couldn't quite work out whether he did not settle or his head carriage is usually that high and awkward looking. Nice horse though but the mare looks made to take over from Quevega .

You're smarter than Reet it went right over his head....well noticed.........Not Wyck Hill that's for sure ;) Names right there in front of you mate... I Know is they think hes a right horse would be better on goodish ground and he could be one for Cheltenham all being well but it was months ago I was told. I asked about him the other day when I heard he was entered and got the old "Not really sure what we're doing yet" treatment which is par for the course when it comes to one of JP's. I threw caution to the wind and had a bit on but only 150 ew at 20/1 for the FW and if I knew more I would tell you (after I backed him again of course). tbh I couldn't see how he could get into a handicap but he's got a 128 which means he'll carry about 11 stone.....My bet is the horse is much better than that as i said he wasn't off a yard when he last ran and was deliberately given too much to do and would still have finished 2nd if AP hadn't decided gravity is a *******. My worry is he doesn't shine on the gallops over the next 2 weeks and they decide to miss the race but that can apply to any horse. Looks very much like a typical Jonjo plot but as JP doesn't back them until the day at Cheltenham we can expect along wait to find out what's what.

Last edited:
Handicap Maximum

I'm told this beast can't jump and is the stables second string but we all know that's what the icey tenticals of JP McManus wants us to think. When this beast bounces up the hill in the last the knowledgable cotswold crowd will give an endearing rendition of:

He's electric
He's from a family full of eccentrics
He's done things I never expected
And he needs more time
He's got an entry
And god only knows how I' missed it
Hes got is a stone in hand
And I need more time

And I want you to know
I've got my mind made up now
But I need more cash
And I want you to say
Do you know what I'm saying?
But I need more ....
Coz I'll take 12s you and you'll take 14s
There's lots and lots for us to see
There's lots and lots for us to do
He is electric, can I be electric too?

love it!!

love it!!:lol::lol:
Handicap Maximum

I'm told this beast can't jump and is the stables second string but we all know that's what the icey tenticals of JP McManus wants us to think. When this beast bounces up the hill in the last the knowledgable cotswold crowd will give an endearing rendition of:

He's electric
He's from a family full of eccentrics
He's done things I never expected
And he needs more time
He's got an entry
And god only knows how I' missed it
Hes got is a stone in hand
And I need more time

And I want you to know
I've got my mind made up now
But I need more cash
And I want you to say
Do you know what I'm saying?
But I need more ....
Coz I'll take 12s you and you'll take 14s
There's lots and lots for us to see
There's lots and lots for us to do
He is electric, can I be electric too?

The McManus Army heading to Cheltenham

How many winners do you think he'll have? I'd go with 3

Jezki CHELTENHAM (Early closer), William Hill Supreme Novices' Hurdle Grade 1

My Tent Or Yours CHELTENHAM (Early closer), William Hill Supreme Novices' Hurdle Grade 1

Tap Night CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase Grade 1

Cantlow CHELTENHAM (Early closer), JLT Specialty Handicap Chase Grade 3

Nadiya De La Vega CHELTENHAM (Early closer), JLT Specialty Handicap Chase Grade 3

Wyck Hill CHELTENHAM (Early closer), JLT Specialty Handicap Chase Grade 3

Lost Glory CHELTENHAM (Early closer), JLT Specialty Handicap Chase Grade 3

Alfie Sherrin CHELTENHAM (Early closer), JLT Specialty Handicap Chase Grade 3

Quantitativeeasing CHELTENHAM (Early closer), JLT Specialty Handicap Chase Grade 3

Sunnyhillboy CHELTENHAM (Early closer), JLT Specialty Handicap Chase Grade 3

Thegreatjohnbrowne CHELTENHAM (Early closer), JLT Specialty Handicap Chase Grade 3

Prince Of Pirates CHELTENHAM (Early closer), JLT Specialty Handicap Chase Grade 3

Binocular CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy Grade 1

Doctor Pat CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Glenfarclas Handicap Chase (A Cross Country Chase)

Freneys Well CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Glenfarclas Handicap Chase (A Cross Country Chase)

Outlaw Pete CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Glenfarclas Handicap Chase (A Cross Country Chase)

Please Talk CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Pulteney Land Investments Novices' Handicap Chase (Listed Race)

Colour Squadron CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Pulteney Land Investments Novices' Handicap Chase (Listed Race)

Vulcanite CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Pulteney Land Investments Novices' Handicap Chase (Listed Race)

Eastlake CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Pulteney Land Investments Novices' Handicap Chase (Listed Race)

Alderwood CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Pulteney Land Investments Novices' Handicap Chase (Listed Race)

Waaheb CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle (Registered Baring Bingham Novices' Hurdle) Grade 1

Defy Logic CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle (Registered Baring Bingham Novices' Hurdle) Grade 1

At Fishers Cross CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle (Registered Baring Bingham Novices' Hurdle) Grade 1

Blissful Moment CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

Dursey Sound CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

Unique De Cotte CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

Pendra CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

Shutthefrontdoor CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

God Of The Kop CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

Fahamore CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

The Bear Trap CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

Formidableopponent CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

Get Me Out Of Here CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

Princeton Plains CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

Kandari CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Coral Cup (A Handicap Hurdle) Grade 3

Hilali CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle Grade 3

Stocktons Wing CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle Grade 3

Another Sensation CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle Grade 3

Pacelli Road CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle Grade 3

Regal Encore CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Weatherbys Champion Bumper (A Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race) Grade 1

Drumlee CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Weatherbys Champion Bumper (A Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race) Grade 1

Tap Night CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Jewson Novices' Chase (Registered As The Golden Miller Novices' Chase) Grade 2

Catch Me CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Pertemps Final (A Handicap Hurdle) (Listed

Would seem not but he has a lot of very rich friends and no doubt some of them own some legs an odd tail and a few ears. Things are not always as they appear

Anyone remember the last bet placed by the great man that was reported by media at the festival? Seems like he is getting more conservative maybe....:)

Alfie looked slow today . He has had a bad Festival so far and bad luck with Cantlow but some very strange race choices . I couldn't see nadiya getting 3 miles in a million years - novices have a shocking record in the Coral Cup and Pendra looked very overfaced , Shutthefrontdoor was too high in the weights etc .

Alderwood on the other hand surely is the one !

Back