The King George

I'd be inclined to agree Grass but given I really think he'll head for the Thursday and 5/2 is great value but should circumstances change elsewhere and the Tizzards opt for the GC your money isn't lost without a run.

Similarly, Cheltenham isn't Sire De Grugy's track so SS doesn't run and I'm confident they'd drop back to the minimum and the Queen Mum would be his.

10/3 best price for the Ryanair but those sort of odds don't appeal due to potential no show.

But I've been drinking since about last Friday so a reality check will be required at some point.

Cue card will run in the Gold Cup
Tizzards will go for the bigger money pot , especially in a Gold Cup as open as it is, with Bobs Worth run at Haydock and the big fall of Sir Des Champs

If I were the owner I would run in the Ryan Air.

Was Al Ferof constantly landing on the wrong foot or something as well? Jacobs seem to spend a lot of time correcting him post obstacle. What is clear is this horse more than any other today would be a lot better suited to Cheltenham and I would think the way he plugged on he'll be going for the Gold Cup.

Was Al Ferof constantly landing on the wrong foot or something as well? Jacobs seem to spend a lot of time correcting him post obstacle. What is clear is this horse more than any other today would be a lot better suited to Cheltenham and I would think the way he plugged on he'll be going for the Gold Cup.
hope so. very interesting at 25s.

Great staying performance from SC and quite rightly fav now for the GC

Super proud of CC, though bitterly disappointed he didn't hang on. He jumped beautifully and going right handed and the soft ground weren't a problem.

The question about him emptying is a weird one. Between the last 2 CC's stride shortens a bit and SC turned a 4 length deficit into a 2 length lead almost immediately. But, CC didn't stop and plod over the line - he kept on galloping and the gap barely increased, so to me he didn't just empty. I don't know, maybe it's the heart ruling the head, but think the Tizzards & Bishops may still have a crack at the Gold Cup (particularly on better ground) and I wouldn't discount him.

The only alternative to the non-stayer scenario is that CC might have been affected by the bug in the yard, as they can go from cruising to stopped very quickly.

I do, however, think it's probably stretching things a bit too far, and it's more likely that CC is the latter-day re-incarnation of my beloved Remittance Man - an absolute stag who doesn't quite get home over 3m, but who is top-class at 2 miles, and virtually unbeatable at intermediate trips.

If the go to the Gold Cup, Cue Card will be beaten. Why do that when they can win the Ryanair half the track?

Last edited:
Probably the first day of the season that Ruby is regretting his decision to give up the Nicholls job !

Love SC's attitude but the way Cue Card curled up and then ran on again was odd . Long Run has gone - if the WAley Cohen's had the horse's interest at heart they would surely let Geraghty have a go .

Hope to see Bob's Worth run off with the Lexus and the GC will warm up.

Grass

I find the logic here a bit odd

He DOES stay. I watched a race a few weeks back where he was going away at the end of 3m

It might have been that the ground was more cloying or maybe that he used up more gas in style of running ...as edgt suggested

But it has to be something other than the basic distance. As I suggested earlier and you have, the sudden emptying out can definitely be indicative of a bug

Whether he will get gc on good ground is open to question but its certainly not a definite no.

I hope Bobs Worth gets mullered in the Lexus... then i can get stuck right in for the Gold Cup. Cue Card prob will run in the GC but he's got zero chance - he stays 3m on good ground. You need a hell of alot more to win a Gold Cup.

Reet and others have suggested the trip at Haydock was short of 3m, clivex - something they say is supported by the race-time. Yesterday's events, if viewed in a certain light, perhaps underpin that argument.

If the trip at Haydock was correct, then he does stay (it was a merely a stellar performance), and there is perhaps some other explanation for him emptying so quickly e.g. He may have been affected to a degree by the yard bug.

Ultimately, you have to take a view, and I'm inclined to think that the trip at Haydock was wrong, and that he didn't get home in the KG. On that basis, I can't have it that he has any chance of getting the Gold Cup trip - quick ground of not. :cool:

Last edited:
if i'd never seen CC before and just watched yesterdays race i would never in a million years think he stayed 3m...i didn't think he did before Haydock..and its possible if that trip had been correct he would have stopped just as quickly...its only before the last yesterday he stopped..but it was a very quick slow down that could easily have happened at Haydock had we seen the full race distance in play

He'd be 25/1 to win a GC imo

Reet has suggested the trip wasn't 3m 1f, Grassy - is all.
Cue Card emptied out previously over yesterday's c/d, albeit not helped by a couple of poor jumps, and it's questionable how much he would have found over 2m 6f at Ascot. His jockey insisted he had gears left then, but likely would have said the same had he fallen at the 2nd last yesterday.

Clivex
Any horse can stay any distance on any ground (eat your heart out, Phil Bull :)). It's pace and class of opposition that makes the difference, and twice now, Cue Card palpably hasn't stayed a relatively sharp 3m.
Live with it, why don't you.

Well done Hezz, pretty well how it worked out.

Yeah panned out as I thought chroniclandlord.

Ive only just seen d race there now. I was mighty impressed with Cue Card. Classy classy showing, patently didn't stay. Anyone backing him for the GC needs their head examined, as do the Tizzards if they run him in it. A moral in the ryanair.

Al Ferof ran a cracker considering he ran in snatches and jumped left at almost every fence. As I said before d race, he'll be 8-10 lbs better at chelt. He'll go GC assuming it's good ground, or no worse than good to soft, and would have a very good place chance for me. As things stand anyway. If Bobs Worth hacks up in the Lexus there will only be 2 places to fight for.

Some right rubbish here

Reet. Live with what? What are you talking about twice? Class of opposition? What was he against in the betfair then? Didn't look a crawl to me either

The betfair was 2f less I find that very hard to believe but so what? 2m7f on soft ground is how much short of 3m? Fck all. Really looked like he wasnt going to last out another 220 years there didn't he?

Ec. You knew he didn't stay 3m before haydock What are you. Fcking time traveller?

Love the arrogance of the "lets move on comments" as if some muppets are in a position to decide and declare on these matters

Fact is no one knows for absolutely certain that he won't get it, especially on good going It may be unlikely but its not cast iron. An equal concern to me is that it's not exactly a race that's easy to dominate throughout. If he does stay he should be very very close and 8/1 could be a decent take a view price. I probably won't but that's not the point

Last edited:
Ec. You knew he didn't stay 3m before haydock What are you. Fcking time traveller?

what are you on about Clive?...before Haydock i said in regard to Grassy tipping CC there that i didn't think he would stay..check back if you don't believe it ffs....then he appeared to stay at Haydock until we found out that the distance was seriously in question..the times on slow ground tell you that...the fact that he stopped so quickly yesterday tells you that if he had gone just 1 furlong further at Haydock he could well have emptied as he did yesterday

so to me ..yesterday it was still in doubt if he got 3 mile..or i would have piled into it

if you think he stays..then back him for the GC..thats what its all about isn't it?..opinions

the problem you seem to have is that you seem unable to analyse what you have actually watched..it was the same with TNO last time he won..getting all shirty cos some people weren't that impressed...its no good just getting impressed every time a horse wins a trial....people do have to look at what they really think of it

i stated before TNO ran yesterday that he is not a 2m championship horse..and the way he came under pressure yesterday ..so early .. confirms that to me..other people will think he is a rolls royce at the trip

the game is all about opinions..i base mine on as much as i can...which i think beats idly saying someone is talking rubbish or they are over analysing

I re read your post ec. Ok but I still find that stretching it a bit. He would have at least slowed down a little towards the line? It's all about opinions of course but I am far from convinced he doesn't stay the 3m

I am right and because of that you should all move on

I get shirty at rather ridiculous dismissals of horses. Such as yours about TNO, which were pretty ott. I wonder if these statements are ever backed up by heavy lays on betfair

I never once said he was impressive in the international either.

You seem to have a problem with distances? I didn't say cc a definite bet and stayer for gc. I said he was not out of the picture. That's maybe a view at a price and the fact the sudden stopping to me, is often not stamina alone.

Is it really difficult to understand that if he stayed the supposed unproven 2m7f on soft he would get 3m on good?

Just accept I am right and you should all "move on"

Last edited:
CC stayed better than all the other horses in the race bar the winner. Visually it looked like he emptied but there are other possible explanations.

I'm not saying that he will get the Gold Cup trip, but I don't believe you can say for certain that he won't based on the evidence we've seen.

As an aside, it's not that often I agree with Clive, but all this "any fool could see when he was a foal that he hadn't a hope of getting three miles in a horsebox so let's all just accept that I'm right and move on" is a bit patronising IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't buy that the Betfair was run over a trip well short of 3m.

They ran on the Flat track that day (outside the jumps track) which added half a furlong per circuit to the distances, hence the trip that day was given as 3m1f. It might have been short of that but they're also saying the course doesn't get as heavy now as it once did and it might now just be a speed track. I don't know. But I just can't accept that it wasn't a proper 3m race. CC, if anything, appeared to outstay SC that day.

I reckon something will come to light about CC yesterday. I wonder if he baulked at the crowd or something. Once SC went clear CC didn't lose any more ground on him. Maybe he idled.

I also wonder if maybe Fehily out-thought Tizzard. I wonder if he only pretended to be under pressure rounding the bend, lulling JT into a false sense of confidence only to mug him going to two out.

I just can't buy that it was the trip that beat CC yesterday.

Could have a point with cue card potentially idling that was my thought in the betfair. He looked like finishing out when dynaste came upsides but then found more and went away again to win pretty impressively I thought. I hadn't given him a chance prior to the race so was quite surprised he managed to pull out more after leading all the way in the conditions against the class of opposition.

With regards to the point on the betfair being run over shorter than stated trip - can someone expand on this? I've heard rumours of this but where has it come from and what is it based on?

Back