The Leger

Looking like a very ropey renewal compared with last year's version - Sariska should be running but won't . I cannot see her troubling Stacelita on good ground.

Wish STS was taking on this bunch .

Should you be in the Arc thread?

Henry Cecil may yet run Manifest in the St Leger , very much an unknown quantity, and open to plenty of improvement, breed to get the the St Leger distance.

Of all the horses i like Age of Aquarius his run in the Grand Prix De Paris over 1m4f was good but i think the step up in trip will help if he can get cover from 1 of the ballydoyle horses he should be there i think Kite Wood will be a flop for some reason.I had like the thought of Black Bear Island but since he wont be there i hope he does well in America

I think Age of Aquarius is one of the certainties of this season myself, the price boat has well and truly sailed though and I only hope he wins impressively and they take him to Paris too.

I dont think he would have the speed for an Arc but if he wins the Leger he will be targeted at it Maybe a Melbourne Cup if hes very impressive in the Leger

Age Of Aquarius would be a nice pacemaker for Fame And Glory in the Arc....very sound claims in The Leger beforehand.

11 left in the St Leger albeit with a supplementary stage to come.

Mourayan
Mastery
Kite Wood
Father Time
Above Average
Tactic
Age of Aquarius
Changingoftheguard
Von Jawlensky
Johan Zoffany
Rockhampton

Urban Poet, Monitor Closley & Manifest are among possible supplementary entries

Looks like they have missed a trick with Sea the Stars think his class would have got him through this. Would have been great to talk about him in the same breath as Njinksy.

I think Age of Aquarius is one of the certainties of this season myself, the price boat has well and truly sailed though and I only hope he wins impressively and they take him to Paris too.

Re-reading this thread after today's declaration stage, and couldn't agree more. I think Age of Acquarius will win, and win well. His stablemate may give him most to do, and a forecast on the day may be worth an interest. I think the price is more than fair though, and he'll be shorter come the day. I'd have him around 2/1.

Age of Aquarius is going to have to improve quite a bit for the step up in trip I think if he's going to be winning this. He's achieved less than his stablemate never mind his other market rivals. Perhaps I have a bit of a downer on the Grand Prix de Paris form but a 2l beating of Mastery leaves him short of Leger standard I think.

This is a shockingly crap Leger field - looks like a Group 3 :mad::mad:- agree with you beardo such a bad field STS would scarcely need to stay ! :lol:

Father Time is the dark horse for me - his KEVII form is good off a fast pace and so long as it is not firm I would expect him to do much better . Otherwise I like Kite Wood and I prefer Changingtheguard to A of A - on the Derby run why should be beat KW ?

Perhaps the darkest of all will be Manifest but it would be a feat even for HRAC to go from Newmarket maiden to Leger winner .

:lol: …well it would explain a lot. Fame is clearly so fast he’s appearing as an indistinguishable blur to you!

I imagine something else perhaps of the relaxing kind has put you in such a blur that you cannot see how much faster STS is than F & G .

Father Time is the dark horse for me - his KEVII form is good off a fast pace and so long as it is not firm I would expect him to do much better .

Which bit of the Ascot form looks good please? Anything from that race would be 33's+ for the Leger, and the fifth Aqwaal was put in his place in handicap company off 102. Father Time looked good at Ascot coming off an overly strong pave where everything in front of him wilted. On every other start this year he has looked like canine mince, and even if he was good enough, I wouldn't trust him to go through with his effort. That is without even considering whether he'll stay or not which is doubtful imo.

I'd also suggest that the Ascot ground was at least as fat as anything he's run on in his career.

Back