The Leger

Noseda's horse Sans Frontieres will surely take a world of beating in the Irish race. Sure to improve again for stepping up and already has the edge on ratings in the race.

I'm not entirely convinced of that. An awful lot will depend on conditions tomorrow ~ if the ground is seriously heavy or, worse yet, tacky, I could see both the Noseda colt and Profound Beauty struggling.

What's the weather situation Gal? I cannot believe the round course is good with the weather this week.

Timeform View:
A race in which the favourite looks plenty short enough in the market at this stage and there looks to be some value elsewhere, with the smart prospect Flying Cross worth a chance to built on substantial early promise. The British pair of Sans Frontieres and Tactic make most appeal for the places, the latter having beaten Profound Beauty fair and square earlier this term.

Timeform 1-2-3:
1.Flying Cross
2.Sans Frontieres
3.Tactic
----------------------
What do you guys think of Timeform? or am I just clutching at straws here. Personally it's not something I've ever used or bought into.

Timeform View:
A race in which the favourite looks plenty short enough in the market at this stage and there looks to be some value elsewhere, with the smart prospect Flying Cross worth a chance to built on substantial early promise. The British pair of Sans Frontieres and Tactic make most appeal for the places, the latter having beaten Profound Beauty fair and square earlier this term.

Timeform 1-2-3:
1.Flying Cross
2.Sans Frontieres
3.Tactic
----------------------
What do you guys think of Timeform? or am I just clutching at straws here. Personally it's not something I've ever used or bought into.

The numpties they pay to write the short comments for the free cards can't be trusted to sit the right way round on the toilet, or so I've heard.

Nowhere near as bad as the eejits on the radio though.. :ninja:

More seriously, I rarely go racing without buying a Timeform card. That said, the Irish service (for all the expertise of the lads at the helm) is seriously hampered by the absence of Timefigures (and brevity of some of the Perspective comments) and certainly not worth paying for day in, day out in my opinion.

I'm not entirely convinced of that. An awful lot will depend on conditions tomorrow ~ if the ground is seriously heavy or, worse yet, tacky, I could see both the Noseda colt and Profound Beauty struggling.

What's the weather situation Gal? I cannot believe the round course is good with the weather this week.

Hensey reported this morning that the ground is yielding after rain yesterday, but very little last night. There might be a shower today, but not definite. As Galileo says, the report after the first race will be interesting.

Have just looked out the window and it looks like we did get some rain this morning. Maybe the ground was so dry after the good spell that the description is accurate - but some of the showers of rain we have had all week make me think there will be plenty of cut in the ground.

Get the impression that Rewilding could go odds on by the off.

I think he will touch odds on at some stage-a big crowd at Doncaster could inflience the price.
Personally I thought Midas Touch was massive ew at 10s.
Surely Flying Cross is priced up on the basis of connections and breeding in the Irish Leger.

Hensey reported this morning that the ground is yielding after rain yesterday, but very little last night. There might be a shower today, but not definite. As Galileo says, the report after the first race will be interesting.

Amazing how the word "Soft" now appears in the going this morning despite there being no rain last night?!

Absolutely have to be against the front two in the market for the Irish Leger now more rain has come.

I've gone in again on Rajik; would be a fair result if he goes in.

I think Holt's comment on "what a hurdler this might make!" says it all but a good tough performance from Artic Cosmos.

Rewilding was very disappointing.

Rewilding was beaten four out - the Voltigeur looks very dodgy form - they went bonkers up front and it fell into REwilding's lap . Ahern gave Snow Fairy much too much to do but she did not quite stay anyway but I bet they wish Moore had been allowed to ride her .

Arctic Cosmos was a terrific ew bet - only wish I had backed him !

Like Simon Holt said, the winner would make a good hurdler. The St Leger is just an early trial for the Triumph now, some fecking Classic.

Back