The Long Shot Thread

I totally get where you're coming from, chef. I was suspicious last year when FB won and he hasn't followed it up at all. I thik there would be something suspicious afoot if he won again. I'm with you on Keen On, though.

Two longshots for me today, unfortunately they're in the same race.

Kempton 2.40 Any Time Will Do & Garo De Juilly, both 22/1 - I put up the former for one of the festival handicaps but he missed the cut (by one I think). The worry is that the stable's runners pretty much bombed during the week. GDJ was on my radar but I was holding on to see if it got into any of the handicap hurdles and I planned to nibble at it at long odds. It's just well handicapped on its best form and I see it's blue across the board today.

Garo de Juilly was tipped up on racing radio last night so I backed it straight away. Was it scratched from a Cheltenham race or is my memory playing tricks again?

I totally get where you're coming from, chef. I was suspicious last year when FB won and he hasn't followed it up at all. I thik there would be something suspicious afoot if he won again. I'm with you on Keen On, though.

Two longshots for me today, unfortunately they're in the same race.

Kempton 2.40 Any Time Will Do & Garo De Juilly, both 22/1 - I put up the former for one of the festival handicaps but he missed the cut (by one I think). The worry is that the stable's runners pretty much bombed during the week. GDJ was on my radar but I was holding on to see if it got into any of the handicap hurdles and I planned to nibble at it at long odds. It's just well handicapped on its best form and I see it's blue across the board today.

Garo de Juilly was tipped up on racing radio last night so I backed it straight away. Was it scratched from a Cheltenham race or is my memory playing tricks again?

Downpatrick

3.10 Poormans Hill 25/1 - Won this race last year off 6lb lower but with 7lb claimer is 1lb lower.

2.10 I can make a case for all the outsiders but can't pin one down. So have done all 5 to minimun stakes e/way.

Downpatrick

3.10 Poormans Hill 25/1 - Won this race last year off 6lb lower but with 7lb claimer is 1lb lower.

2.10 I can make a case for all the outsiders but can't pin one down. So have done all 5 to minimun stakes e/way.

Made a mistake Poormans Hill won it 2 years ago - Amaulino won it last year so have done that one as well at 30.0 on the machine & 6.8 4 places.

Back