The Next President?

one of the mythical tapes that are said to be about to emerge does

That being one of Obama's wife using the term 'whitey'. Allegedly.

Supposedly a 527 group (like the swift-boaters against Kerry) are sitting on it until election time.

(Or it's just a rumour, which is still dangerous in its own way...)

Dick Morris is an incredibly bitter ex-Clintonite, so I would take anything he says with a rather large grain of salt.

That said, Hillary has every right to keep hold of her delegates.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 11 2008, 08:32 AM
one of the mythical tapes that are said to be about to emerge does

That being one of Obama's wife using the term 'whitey'. Allegedly.
(Or it's just a rumour, which is still dangerous in its own way...)

That sounds exactly the kind of thinking Mrs Obama is reputed to harbour, and she's not backward to come forward either. She is allegedly totally sold on the 'black victimhood' agenda' and full of spleen towards the Anmglo-Saxon establishment [and whites in genera;] - never mid she had every opportunity herself to rise above her origins and succeed, as indeed she did - she's a successful lawyer.

As I noted above, I think she is def the loose cannon of the campaign and may cost her husband dear as the campaign unfolds. The thought of her as first lady is a pretty scary!

The fact that Hillary hasn't totally conceded yet either also bears out my feeling that she will hang on in there to squeeze ever ounce of advantage in terms of power-broking if not power itself from what she has acieved int he race to date. she can't be discounted - even after the Pres Elections!

Whatever happens, it's going to be a bumpy ride - and so is the next Presidency whoever wins imo

You are right headstrong and it is a credit to the American society that someone from such a tough background can work their way through to the top universities

and that applies whatever colour they are...

So I would imagine that at Harvard (as people who are from "ordinary" backgrounds find at Oxbrdige) she did encounter some prejudice from time to time that was as much about class as race. ( (Tom Wolfes last acutely observant novel is good on this)

You can understand a human reaction to that

But how far that goes....no idea yet

To me its not yet seemingly in the same league as associations with the considered garbage spewedb by wright and the vile links to his "church"

Oh my

If this is real...

The Michelle Obama Rant Tape was filmed between June 26th - July 1st 2004 in Chicago, IL at the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition Conference at Trinity United Church: specifically the Women’s Event.

Michelle Obama appeared as a panelist alongside Mrs. Khadijah Farrakhan and Mrs. James Meeks.

For about 30 minutes, Michelle Obama launched into a rant about the evils of America, and how America is to blame for the problems of Africa. Michelle personally blamed President Clinton for the deaths of millions of Africans and said America is responsible for the genocide of the Tutsis and other ethnic groups. She then launched into an attack on “whitey”, and talked about solutions to black on black crime in the realm of diverting those actions onto white America. Her rant was fueled by the crowd: they reacted strongly to what she said, so she got more passionate and enraged, and that’s when she completely loses it and says things that have made the mouths drop of everyone who’s seen this.

The Michelle Obama Rant Tape was filmed between June 26th - July 1st 2004 in Chicago, IL at the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition Conference at Trinity United Church: specifically the Women’s Event.

Michelle Obama appeared as a panelist alongside Mrs. Khadijah Farrakhan and Mrs. James Meeks.

Oh, btw:

Michelle personally blamed President Clinton for the deaths of millions of Africans and said America is responsible for the genocide of the Tutsis and other ethnic groups.

The rest of what she allegedly said notwithstanding, is that even controversial? Clinton himself calls it his biggest regret.

Of course not. All africas ills are purely down to "whitey" as we well know. That fine leader comrade Bob has been telling us this for years

Ive lost it Trackside...the link that is

Do a quick search and its all over various blogs, but as ever, has to be some doubt

Case of put up or shut up for some i think

Cheers, Gareth.

The truth is that rumuors of damning tapes surface during every campaign, but the tapes themselves very rarely surface (mostly because they rarely exist).

That can be true, but theres a fair bit of detail there....isnt there?

And there have been blogs (from Obama supporters) claiming that tape has been seen and its "why d'he" rather than "whitey" (bit unlikely i feel) that was shouted out

Just dont know

But if its real...i think its campaign over myself

There's a lot of bullshit out there about it. That link I posted places the speech as being made in mid-2004. Other blogs are reporting supposed quotes that include references to Hurricane Katrina, which of course hadn't happened yet.

Telling that the main sources of speculation on the rumour are pro-Hillary blogs.

To a certain extent, it's possible that the damage is done, even if there is no tape.

You put the idea out there and people think there's no smoke without fire, even if there is no evidence of any smoke - let alone a fire.

It's standard political practice.

If it is a stunt, the Obama campaign need to front it immediately, so that the rumours are quashed as early as possible.

If such a tape does exist, then I agree with Clivex - it's game over, and McCain will win a landslide. It's one thing having your whacky pastor get his sheeyit off his chest - it's another thing altogether if the prospective First Lady starts doing the same.

Well there you go then.

Of much more interest, and significantly more value, is the "Clivex Rant Tape" which has recently come into my own possession.

The phone has literally been ringing off the hook with multi-million dollar offers from News International, Associated Press and Marvel Comics....................

Originally posted by Grasshopper@Jun 12 2008, 03:29 PM
To a certain extent, it's possible that the damage is done, even if there is no tape.
Standard practice of course, Grasshopper, but don't think it's the case in this particular case. If the tape doesn't exist, it will remain one of those seething sources of speculation in the blogosphere, without ever reaching the mainstream (if there's no tape to show of course). If it actually exists, it will explode.

I would rather have an independent woman like Michelle Obama who isn't afraid to speak her mind than a blatant trophy wife (yes, I am referring to McCain's wife Cindy).

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 12 2008, 10:53 AM
never mid she had every opportunity herself to rise above her origins

Why should she need to "rise above her origins"?
I'm using the terms of discourse here which she herself employs, sorry I thought that should have been obvious from the context. She tends to claim that people from a poor black background [as she was] are severely discriminated against and have the odds stacked against them, while her own experience proves it ain't necessarily so

Originally posted by trackside528@Jun 12 2008, 06:07 PM

I would rather have an independent woman like Michelle Obama who isn't afraid to speak her mind than a blatant trophy wife (yes, I am referring to McCain's wife Cindy).
I agree entirely but I doubt whether mainstream provincial America will :rolleyes:

She tends to claim that people from a poor black background [as she was] are severely discriminated against and have the odds stacked against them, while her own experience proves it ain't necessarily so

Unless she's done it despite the obstacles.

Back