The Nicky Henderson Thread

Whatever happened to Ivantheterrible who told me Top Notch wouldn't make the grade over fences.....not fair when they go into hiding and you can't run salt in the wounds.

He's back on the go again tomorrow looking for his 4th win on the trot but up to now had had a very easy time of it beating 2 donkeys and another horse who made an ass of himself.

Clan Des Obeaux looks a great prospect and will be tough to beat. As for Le Prezien I've already said I thought he was a very expensive purchase so I am sticking to my guns and eliminating him from Calculations,

This is the biggy for Top Notch and will give some indication of where he ends up next Cheltenham or Cartmel.

Good to hear his old sidekick Peace and Co continues to thrive. If he can find his old form he's be a shoe in for The Imperial Cup of his new mark

CDO for me in that. If he got the 2nd last right last time I think he would've taken Whisper. Top Notch might be stretched over 2m4f on soft around Sandown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ground is forecast to be heavy on the hurdles course at Sandown so I can understand the decision on Brain Power with only 5 weeks until Cheltenham but I'm mystified re Charli Parcs.

How many trials left? Kelso Morebattle,The Kingwell and as an alternative a NHF race at Kempton that MTOY did.........is that it?

He wont want to clash with Yanworth and Alan King won't want Yanworth to clash with Sceau Royal in the Kingwell doesn't leave much for him

Kelso is usually half decent ground unless it gets tacky which can tear the guts out of a horse with the clay surface and the uphill finish. Top Notch went though it easy enough last year but that was pissing down if I remember right.

No doubt he'll have a look and send him there or Kempton

CDO for me in that. If he got the 2nd last right last time I think he would've taken Whisper. Top Notch might be stretched over 2m4f on soft around Sandown.

Agree. It was inexperience that got CDO beat last time and I'm convinced he's capable of taking this

How many trials left?
He wont want to clash with Yanworth and Alan King won't want Yanworth to clash with Sceau Royal in the Kingwell doesn't leave much for him

I thought Yanworth had taken a knock and would go straight to Cheltenham

I would be very much in the Le Prezien camp tomorrow, but I've a sneaking feeling they may be readying him for the Grand Annual (which he's not quoted for), off a very nice mark.

I think he's possibly the best horse in the race tomorrow, but JP and Nicholls have both got previous in the big race in March and we may not see him at his best tomorrow. I might have a few quid on tomorrow just in case I'm wrong though.

If he has a quiet one tomorrow and he gets a Grand Annual entry off his current mark I'll be fully unloading.

Good afternoon Tanlic. Sanity calling...

I'm bending over and biting the stick, let's see what you've got.

And for the record I didn't tell you anything. I suggested that he might struggle to land big pots because of his diminutive stature.

At the last count he remained potless over fences.

Show me the silver and then get your Saxa out.

Last edited:
I would be very much in the Le Prezien camp tomorrow, but I've a sneaking feeling they may be readying him for the Grand Annual (which he's not quoted for), off a very nice mark.

I think he's possibly the best horse in the race tomorrow, but JP and Nicholls have both got previous in the big race in March and we may not see him at his best tomorrow. I might have a few quid on tomorrow just in case I'm wrong though.

If he has a quiet one tomorrow and he gets a Grand Annual entry off his current mark I'll be fully unloading.

He's not a two miler for me. Obviously given who owns him that makes little difference.

Good afternoon Tanlic. Sanity calling...

I'm bending over and biting the stick, let's see what you've got.

And for the record I didn't tell you anything. I suggested that he might struggle to land big pots because of his diminutive stature.

At the last count he remained potless over fences.

Show me the silver and then get your Saxa out.

Glad to see you're still around.

Tomorrows prize will take him up to 60k earnings this season if he wins which is not to be sniffed at.

I'm hoping he can keep in touch with Clan Des Obeaux who's getting 3lbs travels well, jumps well

Strictly on the book Clan Des Obeaux was getting 5lbs when beaten nk by Whisper but Baron Alco was giving Whisper 5lbs 2 1/2 engths

Quick add and subtracts tells me Baron Alco has 4lbs in hand of Clan Des Obeaux but is 4 times his odds..........interesting to see how that turns out.

Nicky Henderson must have an idea where he stands through L'ami Serge Hammersly Lake and Whisper but that won't make winning this competitive race any easier to win

Top Notch has won at Kelso 2m2f in heavy and sprinted up the hill which I maintain the clay surface makes it one of the toughest in the UK so you'll hear no excuses about the trip tomorrow from me.

Nicky said he's left him in the Champion Hurdle just in case he doesn't stay........that's all we need is another Henderson CH runner so fingers cross he wins tomorrow then it's off to Chelters for a bigger pot :0)

Sean Bowen on Clan Des Obeaux tomorrow as STD has picked Politologue over him for the JLT according to Nicholls on Betfair

Quick add and subtracts tells me Baron Alco has 4lbs in hand of Clan Des Obeaux but is 4 times his odds..........interesting to see how that turns out.
Hmmm, I fancy Baron Alco tomorrow to burst a few bubbles. 40's for the JLT with Ladbrokes if anyone's interested.

Fair enough. The only thing I'm confident about is that Baron Alco will out-run his odds and therefore looks a bet at 11/2. I could spend hours debating which of the three market leaders will win tomorrow, but they can't all win of course, and they can't be all that good if I don't know which one to back to beat the other two.

For that reason I'll take the lot of them on with Baron Alco, whose done nothing wrong over fences so far. I just think he's the percentage call, it doesn't mean the big three can't (or won't) win, but in these scenario's, out of 100 races etc, you'll profit from backing the Baron Alco in the field (or a horse similar to him) rather than one of the big three.

Only my opinion. I could be completely wrong.

The 40's for the JLT is just an afterthought at this moment in time...his track record at Cheltenham isn't great..well beaten twice over hurdles and 2nd in a novice chase. So I can see why your not keen.

Last edited:
He's not a two miler for me. Obviously given who owns him that makes little difference.
He stays two and a half well but travels well enough to win good races over two. The perfect type of horse for a furious pace over two miles at Cheltenham in March I'd say Euro.

Anyone who can't lay up with the pace early doors in the Grand Annual has no chance. It's absolute cutthroat stuff.

Sean Bowen on Clan Des Obeaux tomorrow as STD has picked Politologue over him for the JLT according to Nicholls on Betfair

I suspect the lousy ride he gave the horse in the Dipper the more likely reason .Can you imagine Ruby being jocked off in favour of Sam Thomas for such a reason ???

Back