The Oaks 2008

Guest_

At the Start
Eye catching runs for both Lush Lashes and Kitty Matcham in the Guineas while Chinese White made an impressive return at Gowran Park against her elders today.

Ladbrokes go...

Chinese White 5/1
Kitty Matcham 8/1
Cape Amber 10/1
Dar Re Mi 10/1
Proviso 10/1
Lush Lashes 12/1
Gagnoa 14/1
Katiyra 14/1
Mad About You 16/1
Marjalina 16/1
Laughter 20/1
Moonstone 20/1
Screen Star 20/1
Cruel Sea 25/1
Simawa 25/1
Albisola 33/1
Classic Legend 33/1
Michita 33/1
Psalm 33/1
Queen Of Naples 33/1
Quotation 33/1
Teacht An Earraig 33/1
Albabilia 40/1
Clowance 40/1
Look Here 40/1
Masiyma 40/1
Queen Of The Night 40/1
Sortita 40/1
Whispered Dreams 40/1
You'resothrilling 40/1
Albarouche 50/1
Almoutezah 50/1
Blessing 50/1
Comeback Queen 50/1
Dancing Abbie 50/1
Desert Chill 50/1
Dove 50/1
Ebalista 50/1
Gentle On My Mind 50/1
Halfway To Heaven 50/1
Honoria 50/1
Honorlina 50/1
Island Vista 50/1
Miracle Seeker 50/1
Montbretia 50/1
My Dark Rosaleen 50/1
Quarayed 50/1
Siyabona 50/1
Siyasa 50/1
Sovereign's Honour 50/1
Sugar Mint 50/1
Sweet Sixteen 50/1
Angels Story 66/1
Beyond Compare 66/1
Elmaleeha 66/1
Festoso 66/1
Kitty Hawk Miss 66/1
Love To Dance 66/1
Prima Luce 66/1
Rosa Grace 66/1
Sail 66/1
Adored 100/1
Amanjena 100/1
Classic Remark 100/1
Dolly Penrose 100/1
Dubai Power 100/1
Email 100/1
Hold Me Love Me 100/1
Ice Queen 100/1
Icon Project 100/1
Jane Austen 100/1
Juniper Berry 100/1
Mazloma 100/1
Mystical Lady 100/1
Perihelion 100/1
Qasayed 100/1
Soinlovewithyou 100/1
Solas Na Greine 100/1
Tiffany Diamond 100/1
Time Control 100/1
Shy 200/1
Summercove 200/1
Try Me 200/1
Milton Of Campsie 500/1

Moonstone has an entry in the Blue Wind Stakes at Naas. I presume they are looking to get another run into her before the Oaks.

Looking forward to seeing her again.

I took some 50s for Moonstone after her debut run this season, pricewise tipped her up in his wkender a couple of weeks ago, the price has since gone...Im still hopeful on her, her debut was very encouraging and she is guaranteed to stay which si something we cant say for a lot of horses in the list above. I was also imrpessed by Dai Rei Mii, 10-1 was generous enough for me.

Laughter is entered in Chester this week and worth keeping an eye on.

Chester Oaks Field:

1 (2) Changing Skies (IRE)
B. J. Meehan
8st 12lb
L. Dettori

2 (3) Dancing Abbie (USA)
M. L. W. Bell
8st 12lb
Jamie Spencer

3 (6) Laughter (IRE)
Sir Michael Stoute
8st 12lb
Ryan Moore

4 (8) Queen of Naples
J. H. M. Gosden
8st 12lb
Jimmy Fortune

5 (7) Rio Guru (IRE)
M. R. Channon
8st 12lb
Kerrin McEvoy

6 (4) Sail (IRE)
A. P. O'Brien, Ireland
8st 12lb
J. Murtagh

7 (5) Silk Affair (IRE)
M. G. Quinlan
8st 12lb
T. P. O'Shea

8 (1) Sugar Mint (IRE)
B. W. Hills
8st 12lb
Michael Hills

9 (9) Try Me (UAE)
C. E. Brittain
8st 12lb
Robert Winston

Yet another Irish trainer doesn't care for Epsom....

Chinese White 'unlikely to run in Oaks'

by Racing Post staff

CHINESE WHITE, as short as 5-1 favourite for the Juddmonte Oaks following her four-and-a-half length win in the Listed Victor McCalmont Memorial Stakes at Gowran Park on Sunday, is "highly unlikely" to run in the Epsom Classic.

The unbeaten filly's trainer Dermot Weld said on Tuesday morning: "Chinese White is in good form but it is highly unlikely that she will run in the Juddmonte Oaks.

"A definite decision won't be made until this weekend but I think that the contours at Epsom might not suit the filly and it is far more likely that she will wait for the Darley Irish Oaks at the Curragh on July 13."

Chinese White, who is owned by Lady Chryss O'Reilly, made all to win by six lengths at Leopardstown on her only start last season.

Originally posted by Will@May 5 2008, 12:39 PM
I took some 50s for Moonstone after her debut run this season, pricewise tipped her up in his wkender a couple of weeks ago, the price has since gone...Im still hopeful on her, her debut was very encouraging and she is guaranteed to stay which si something we cant say for a lot of horses in the list above. I was also imrpessed by Dai Rei Mii, 10-1 was generous enough for me.

Laughter is entered in Chester this week and worth keeping an eye on.
Moonstone is due to run in the Musidora or at least that is the plan.

OAKS BID 'UNLIKELY' FOR WHITE
By PA Sport Staff

Chinese White, ante-post favourite with a number of firms for the Juddmonte Oaks, is "highly unlikely" to run in the Epsom Classic.

Dermot Weld's filly returned to action with a smooth victory at the weekend, but the Irish Oaks has emerged as her likeliest next port of call.

"Chinese White is in good form but it is highly unlikely that she will run in the Juddmonte Oaks," Weld told the Racing Post.

"A definite decision won't be made until this weekend but I think that the contours at Epsom might not suit the filly and it is far more likely that she will wait for the Darley Irish Oaks at the Curragh on July 13."

The vast majority of bookmakers have removed Chinese White from their Juddmonte Oaks market, with Coral now making Dar Re Mi their 7-1 favourite for the race.

"We were extremely impressed with Chinese White's win at the weekend and made her 6-1 favourite for the Oaks, but in the light of Dermot Weld's comments, we've now removed her from the betting," said spokesman David Stevens.

"With this news coming after Jim Bolger's announcement that New Approach would miss the Derby, punters may think twice about backing Irish runners for the Epsom Classics in future."

I've had a couple quid on Sail at 66s, and Moonstone at 40s. I'll probably on a few others before the race though and these two probably wont even line up. :laughing:

Ive had a bet on Dancing Abbie at huge odds with a view to trading off if she places today, this is no strong Oaks trial by any means but she should near on win this, Laughter should also go well, but I'm not convinced she will stay.

I backed Chinese White the other day, but I have to say she didn't stike me as an Oaks filly after that race - nothing to do with not handling Epsom, just not good enough.

The one to have really impressed me, albeit in a maiden, was Dar Re Mi, and if she wins the Musidora half as impressively as her sandown maiden, she will be a short price indeed.

Bolger has a similar thought for Lush Lashes as he has with New Approach and says this one is missing the Oaks and going to the Irish version, rally dissapointing , the Oaks is not as hard a race as the Derby is and I would like to see there both Lush Lashes and Chinesse White.

Musidora Field:

Allicansayis Wow (USA) 3.f J. S. Bolger, Ireland
Cape Amber (IRE) 3.f P. W. Chapple-Hyam
Comeback Queen 3. S. Kirk
Cruel Sea (USA) 3.f B. W. Hills
Dar Re Mi 3.f J. H. M. Gosden
Katimont (IRE) 3.f B. W. Hills
Kotsi (IRE) 3.f E. F. Vaughan
Look Here 3.f R. M. Beckett
Lush Lashes 3.f J. S. Bolger, Ireland
Moonstone 3.f A. P. O'Brien, Ireland
Prima Luce (IRE) 3.f J. S. Bolger, Ireland
Quotation 3.f Sir Michael Stoute
Sayyedati Symphony (USA) 3.f C. E. Brittain
Sovereign's Honour (USA) 3.f Sir Michael Stoute
Toirneach (USA) 3.f J. S. Bolger, Ireland

Cracking trial in store tomorrow. Should shed plenty of light on the race with Lush Lashes setting a very fair standard.

As I have already mentioned I was hugely impressed with Dar Re Mi at Sandown. Tomorrow is the acid test, but I can see her price collapse for the Oaks if she sliuces in tomorrow.

Fingers crossed - this could be my first ever winning tip on here!!

Lush Lashes for me tomorrow. Dar Re Mi looked pretty streetwise last time and is highly regarded. Given the trend from the yard (remember Alexandrova was well beaten in this previously before hacking up in the Oaks) it would be no surprise to see Moonstone beaten but to step up again on it significantly next time.

I was quite taken with Look Here's run at Lingfield. She didn't especially handle the turn too well but looked a little like she was carried wide a bit also. After switching to the inside she ran on well to only just be denied. I know Ralph isn't sure whether she'll go to Epsom or not but if she does line up she's worth another look at a big price.

Isn't nice to be on first name terms with trainers?! :P

For us ordinary people do you mean Mr. R. Beckett? :D

Seriuosly, a good trainer who is going places and a very nice chap.

Ralph Beckett, yes, Colin - as well you know! No need to be so coy, not least when as far as name dropping goes, there are a good half a dozen above me on this forum alone who rate me as plating standard. I'm sure if I could be bothered to try I could leave them all standing though!

I have always wondered why some people called "Ralph" pronounce it "Rafe" (Beckett, Fiennes) and others are happy with "Ralf".

Why is that?

BTW Raef (different spelling, same pro as Mr Beckett) surely wins the apprentice hands down - a proper gent he is!

Back