The Oaks 2008

Winner was very impressive...travelled like a very classy filly. Far too streetwise for some of these.

Cape Amber will have delighted connections with her staying on second.

Dar Ri Me was found out today on that sort of going...very rounded action.

I thought Murtagh gave Moonstone a very strange ride. Made his move very early before the bend, ended up getting her trapped out wide and hampered off the bend. Lead really early in the straight only to be swallowed up before staying on again. The Oaks might come too soon for her (looked very weak) but she is not a filly to underestimate despite this defeat.

Originally posted by Sheikh@May 14 2008, 02:01 PM
Is it coincidence that that none of the top Irish trainers are eagre to run at epsom with their best horses ?
It looks like a concerted effort to wrest the prestige of the Oaks and Derby from the UK to me, and hand it to Ireland. Could it also be part of the Coolmore/Godolphin 'war'?

Has Bolger given a reason why this one doesnt go to epsom?

Lets hope its a bit clearer than the explanation surrounding New Approach

Originally posted by Headstrong+May 14 2008, 02:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Headstrong @ May 14 2008, 02:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sheikh@May 14 2008, 02:01 PM
Is it coincidence that that none of the top Irish trainers are eagre to run at epsom with their best horses ?
It looks like a concerted effort to wrest the prestige of the Oaks and Derby from the UK to me, and hand it to Ireland. Could it also be part of the Coolmore/Godolphin 'war'? [/b][/quote]
:laughing:

Has Bolger given a reason why this one doesnt go to epsom?

Lets hope its a bit clearer than the explanation surrounding New Approach

Don't think he's been properly asked yet - travelling head lad was passing on the info after the race.

I think it was something about the horse having to travel to England again so soon after two trips already.

Shame he did not have the same consideration for Finsceal Beo last year...

That's the funny thing, it's totally unlike Bolger to spare his horses a race. Alexander Goldrun was another.

I swear he's just being perverse for a laugh.

True....to both the above

Judging by the way she ran today (not seen it yet) shes hardly a timid traveller?

I suppose they know best...but im not sure what hes on about at times

I can well understand trainers disliking epsom as a course, but shouldnt they just say so?

She's a lovely filly and she looks like she'd handle epsom. She would have won by further if manning wasn't people watching.

I think she will run at Epsom after they think about it and she will be hard to beat.

The Irish Oaks is two months away and there is no other race for her except the Pretty Polly at the Curragh where she would have to take on Peeping Fawn.

I hope you're right Pc, it would be an awful shame if she didn't come over as she's clearly the best of the bunch. But Epsom really do need to find out what it is which is stopping these horses coming over. Meanwhile her price presumably will hold up a bit......

According to the Racing Post site Bolger has only run one horse there in the last five years.

Can anyone remember which horse that was?

No prizes, I don't know the answer!

Think Pictavia ended up running in the Irish Oaks, Aidan, before moving on to Godolphin. How long ago was Jet Ski Lady now?

I wouldn't give up on Moonstone by any means. Got outpaced when the pace quickened but was staying on again near the line and has plenty of improvement in her when she goes over a mile and a half. That said, impossible not to be impressed with Lush Lashes.

Back