The Oaks 2012

Nearly 8 seconds outside standard.

This is why we need pacemakers, absolute ******* shite, do all that work and they bring Handicappers into the race.

They need to ban this ****.

Nearly 8 seconds outside standard.

This is why we need pacemakers, absolute ******* shite, do all that work and they bring Handicappers into the race.

They need to ban this ****.

you just need two selections Bruce..one for a fast pace..and one for a slow pace..forget ante post..back in running..if you want to avoid losing through pace alone..which many have here

Anyone telling me that's an honest result?

Do we need to be promoting 5-6 length spread of the fields and 7-8 seconds outside standard in classics.

Shirocco Star second you gotta laugh.

Last edited:
Poor tactics on The Fugue. As ever it's a race not get too heavily involved in as it has a history of weird results. Upset Vow couldn't at least place. I thought my careful staking on her was the correct thing to do but I'm getting nothing right at the moment.

its a race though Bruce..not a race against the clock..many top races are slowly run

Aye,

Just annoying though even though I know you have to accept these things it just hurts to see a false result which you don't expect in Classics.

Anyway well done to those who found Was, go and collect those winnings!

Re: Rory,

One thing I did ban myself from was listening to you on Timeform!.

Last edited:
Poor tactics on The Fugue. As ever it's a race not get too heavily involved in as it has a history of weird results. Upset Vow couldn't at least place. I thought my careful staking on her was the correct thing to do but I'm getting nothing right at the moment.

Just got to take it on the chin. I'll be gobsmacked if she doesn't win at least one of the Irish Oaks, Yorkshire Oaks and Vermeille by the end of the year.

The Fugue was nearly brought down, little to do with tactics.

Buick had her in the wrong place where traffic problems can occur. Put Murtagh on her and have her in Vow's position and she might win. Or at least go close.

My oh my a French style tote coupling on any given trainers horses would help with this O Brien fella!

Didn't back her but noticed Kailani was unlucky, shuffled backed and consistently pushed further out wide by the Tabor horses.

Well done to Landlord! The winner will know she's had a race tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Back