The Pointing Thread

IS, going to my local P2P at Oakley this weekend - If you have any tips or know of any whispers let me know!!!!!

Oh !! It was pre-cheltenham,for the Champion Chase. needs changing really,but i quite like being that open and that right.... ;)

Last edited:
A top quality HC at Newbury today and happy to side with the front running Description in a match bet with the higher rated Roulez Cool today. Description is 6/5 with Ladbrokes and he'll definitely appreciate the faster underfoot conditions when compared to his outing at Haydock (still in front when falling on bottomless ground) and won on a sound surface at Larkhill earlier in the year in a Ladies Open. The jockey lost her bottle on his first start of the season at Barbury and I don't think he'll have too many jumping issues at Newbury today. Roulez Cool was only 80% fit for the Foxhunters and fell at the 9th so quite how much more work they'd have got into him since is debatable whilst his main aim for this season is the Grand National (particularly since Oscar Time suffered his injury).

Will probably have a bet in the outrights too but want to see the eight runners remain before playing :)

Martin

The 16/1 about Shoudhavenownbettr with Hills is far too big - the horse won well last time out at Warwick in a weaker race and though he's not the most reliable but he's a solid horse and has looked a reformed character on his two most recent starts.

Martin

Added Coombe Hill at 12.5 - this is a better race than he won at Taunton but Darren Edwards gets on well with him and I'd expect him to take the inside route again, the horse looks reformed in 2011/12 and is so far unbeaten in three starts in that timeframe (also won the highly prestigious Coronation Gold Cup at Larkhill last season).

Martin

Must have been an invisible flag man at the last fence there.

I can't recall anyone ever missing a fence in such spectacular fashion.

At least he won't come up with some pathetic excuse like Waley Cohen did at Fakenham.

Has happened to plenty of pro jockeys over the years (missing out a fence, taking the wrong course etc) and he'll be back and riding the winners soon enough.

Merry Vic is a seriously nice horse though - he absolutely anhiliated a really decent field there. Shoudanownbetter was third in the end but not bad for those on at 16's, as for the match bet the less said about that the better.

Martin

Back