The Pointing Thread

Think he's qualified already in terms of how you qualify to run but it then boils down to OR marks which is where it's completely flawed.

At the moment his participation would be in the hands of the handicapper.

Interesting race at Warwick later - sadly for various reasons, most notable amongst them the presence of some useful ex-Rules horses it could be a race worth keeping stakes to a minimum on. Temple Grandin is now about the right price and with some jumping issues in the past is probably not the safest conveyance for the money at single figure prices.

Pentiffic ran well to finish strongly in a hot race at Barbury Castle nearly a fortnight ago, he's won HC's here in the past, both over 2m4f mind including with Lucy Turner in the saddle and at 66/1 looks a big price.

Martin

Interesting race at Warwick later - sadly for various reasons, most notable amongst them the presence of some useful ex-Rules horses it could be a race worth keeping stakes to a minimum on. Temple Grandin is now about the right price and with some jumping issues in the past is probably not the safest conveyance for the money at single figure prices.

Pentiffic ran well to finish strongly in a hot race at Barbury Castle nearly a fortnight ago, he's won HC's here in the past, both over 2m4f mind including with Lucy Turner in the saddle and at 66/1 looks a big price.

Martin

Amazing stuff again!

Top two look beatable to me with PDP surely better on a sounder surface and SW has his well being to prove.

I've backed Lord Ben who I thought ran well over a trip that probably stretches his stamina last time out at Taunton.

Martin

Off hand (v quick look) I'd make Clondaw Frisby favourite and given he's a Luso and seems to have improved late on would give So Influential a decent chance.

I've backed ATW for the Foxhunters but he looks very short at Wincanton, has to be doubts with Rebel Rebellion dropped into this class and I'm on Sacre Toi.

Martin

Martin - i see Wonderful Charm is entered in the Hunter chase at Musselburgh this weekend.. Still only 9?? and rated 154? Has he been on the circuit? They paid 300k for him back in the day too.

Back