The Pointing Thread

by me for one... he was also 2nd in a handicap at cheltenham last year off 159..... the rules are two wins before the Fox so i assume he wont even be entered and maybe go next year?

Decent opposition entered up against PDC at Wetherby on Saturday.

No P2P runs for WC and should be eligible for Cheltenham too if they can get a couple of quick outings into him.

by me for one... he was also 2nd in a handicap at cheltenham last year off 159..... the rules are two wins before the Fox so i assume he wont even be entered and maybe go next year?

hes 4/1 2nd fav with b365 for the Foxhunters!

I've backed High Hatton E/W up at Musselburgh.

There's very little in it on ratings (4 or 5lbs tops) between the likes of Cave Hunter, Carlton Ryan, High Hatton etc. and getting weight off all those rivals on account of no chase win just swings it in his favour with a very decent looking 5lb claimer up. The selection was staying on over 3m4f at Stratford on HC night their behind a horse who'd be clear second favourite for this (Quiet Account), HH UR first time out this year at Larkhill when well supported and makes the long trip up from Wales for this.

Martin

Apologies if others have asked this but I had a look back and couldn't find anything.

I've never been to a point to point before and am hoping to try one in the next couple of months. I am living in south Dublin so anything relatively local would be great. Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Not too many local to your area, most of the better ones in Munster
Lingstown in Wexford on March 12th nearest one of note to you, Lemonfield in Limerick a good one the previous Sunday, look up p2p.ie

Punchestown is on this coming Sunday I think that shouldn't be too far away (it's held at the racecourse).

There'll be a few in Wexford but as Therightroad says a lot of them are in Cork/Waterford/Limerick areas, Tattersalls Farm should be racing in April though and is on the site of the Tatts auction house over the road from Fairyhouse racecourse.

Martin

Punchestown is on this coming Sunday I think that shouldn't be too far away (it's held at the racecourse).

There'll be a few in Wexford but as Therightroad says a lot of them are in Cork/Waterford/Limerick areas, Tattersalls Farm should be racing in April though and is on the site of the Tatts auction house over the road from Fairyhouse racecourse.

Martin
Cheers Martin, appreciate that.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Forget Tinahely on 19 and come to Kildorrery instead to see proper horses.
Mind you the most young horses are in Wexford/wicklow area with Cloin Bowe, The Doyle brothers and Larry Murphy having a few hundred between them.
Hardly 100 young horses in training in Cork p2p yards now between them.

I've backed Sybarite at Leicester today - the horse looked to go sour last time he ran under Rules but a move to this yard seems to have perked him up a bit, he stays well, isn't far off being the best horse in the race on old form (on current form at this trip he is the best horse IMHO) and with two horses I really can't see liking the trip (Olofi & Street Entertainer) against him in addition to one with poor enough form albeit he's improving (Samarnni) then it looks to concern him and Supreme Danehill. The latter's best form has come at 3m6f+ so while he'd appreciate a test that this will likely be on the ground he'd probably prefer this to be over 3m2f or similar.

Martin

I've backed Sybarite at Leicester today - the horse looked to go sour last time he ran under Rules but a move to this yard seems to have perked him up a bit, he stays well, isn't far off being the best horse in the race on old form (on current form at this trip he is the best horse IMHO) and with two horses I really can't see liking the trip (Olofi & Street Entertainer) against him in addition to one with poor enough form albeit he's improving (Samarnni) then it looks to concern him and Supreme Danehill. The latter's best form has come at 3m6f+ so while he'd appreciate a test that this will likely be on the ground he'd probably prefer this to be over 3m2f or similar.

Martin

What's the jock like Martin? Leanda Tickle doesn't inspire confidence on name alone!!

She's a fine jockey, she's from Devon/Cornwall way and used to work for Becky Curtis, rode Made In Time in a few HC's and think she may have won on him in the past.

She's at University in Kent now and rides out and schools for our trainer quite a bit, never met her but lovely girl by all accounts.

Martin

Tizzards spent 450k on a point winner at the Tatts sales

In the big leagues now.

interesting to see if Potts sends any love Jessie's way

i noticed Tom Malone had bought it but not sure who it was for.... Does TM ever not pay miles over the odds for a horse!

Martin
That Sybarite is some monkey, isn't he! Talk about running in snatches... And still nearly got there. Next time Martin [emoji106]

Aye he nearly got there, not sure I'll be on next time lol looks an I/R horse still.

Fakenham tomorrow - tricky race, probably best avoided.

Martin

Back