The Pointing Thread

Sorry Absurdistan only just seen this - my view would have been to leave the first one as the value about Galway Jack had gone and to back The Highlander (UR) in the second.

16:30 Musselburgh - Decade Player @ 5/2. Really sweet on this one, won two short HC's last year at Wetherby and Stratford when racing prominently on each occasion from memory. The horse will have come on for his return at Cottenham earlier this month and comes from a very good yard with the ground to suit. I'm a touch biased but hope the Morgan family have a great day out up there and they and Johnny Weatherby come back with the trophy.

No strong thoughts on Wincanton other than to say I didn't really rate Apples Queen's form in France and Murrayana will probably have (and needs to) come on for the run at Charing. Loch Ba should go well.

Martin

I see Loch Ba hacked up again yesterday - clearly on good terms with himself at the moment.

Any view on today's Leicester race? Delta Borget looks the obvious one to oppose the favourite with.

Last edited:
Sorry I've been a bit quiet of late on the HC front - early season races I've found can be dodgy but agree with your assessment Benny.

That said the prices look about right as previous yard bought Doeslessthanme to go p2ping/HCing but then found out he was ineligible when revised eligibility criteria were released (then trainer and own had a falling out hence he's in another yard now). Previous trainer thought it was a machine though.

Martin

Thanks Martin. Probably means no bet then. Could be a good race at Warwick Sunday if the good ones turn up.

Grandturgeon looks particularly interesting having beaten Loch Ba at Chaddesley. If the bookies do their usual trick of totally ignoring/underestimating pointing form he could be an OK price.

Grandturgeon a horse I've followed since his Loughrea maiden win since a friend of mine over the sea told me he was a Graded performer in the making. He's had enough injury issues since then but still has plenty of ability.

Hi Martin, would love to get your verdict on the Foxhunters tomorrow? Does Ask the Weatherman have a realistic chance?

Last edited:
Anyone know if Biddick had a free choice between Ask The Weatherman and Wonderful Charm?

That's exactly what I was thinking, Bear. But I've no idea. Would be good to know
I've reached out to Martin on twitter just now to see can he add his expertise.

Last edited:
I would personally like to see ATW win just because he's a proper point to pointer and not a NH horse running in disguise from a licensed trainer!

Sunday next March 26 Liscarroll p2p races are celebrating the centenary of the birth of M.V. o'Brien,born locally with an exhibition of memorabilia, paper cuttings and local schools have an input also.
Just 5 miles west of N20 from Buttevant it is well worth a visit for anyone interested.
PM me if you are travelling for a meet up.

Dear oh dear oh dear. No excuse whatsoever for that. Just seen the finish!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I had the first three in combo f/c for 50p for fun should have been a much bigger return - I do feel sorry for the jockey though.

24-Mar-17
16:56:09 16:45 OPEN HUNTERS CHASE 2m 7f 86y
Combination Forecast (3) - Win
Betfair Bet ID O/6561083/0002487 | Placed: 24-Mar-17 16:33:30
--
3.00 15.84 Won

Triangular
Ballytober
Lookslikerainted
--
3.00 15.84 Won

Back