The Pointing Thread

Today's race a match - Wicklow Lad the bet.Confined - Little Cornham E/W if Monsieur Gibraltar runs.Maiden - Jeu de MotsLadies - Western Diva E/WMens - Join Together but race could cut up to 5 or 6 runners.Restricted - Whatever Barber runs will take some beating.Maiden - Emperor Renard.Hope you enjoy the day Benny - looks lovely.Martin

Little Cornham ran today at Milborne. Keep an eye out for James Bowen and also Lorcan Williams another young lad going places. I like Palmaria of Caroline Keevils in the Restricted - ignore last run as Buckfastleigh ground not many handled and she won well at Chipley.Go and have a bet with my mate Mike Smith (pink board saying Hunt On) and tell him Kirsty sent you - and that I said you'd give him best prices ��! I backed 3 winners today with him so even better if someone else does tomorrow!!

Jinny, is James Sean's younger brother? I remember Roddy saying he is going to be even better than Sean. It's funny but I was thinking to ask Roddy where he is up to.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jinny, is James Sean's younger brother? I remember Roddy saying he is going to be even better than Sean. It's funny but I was thinking to ask Roddy where he is up to.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yes - he's only 16 too! I put up a post on here called "One to watch" after I saw him riding last weekend at Cothelstone.

Jeu de Mots done in a photo. Pleased to say I had £100 at 3/1 Emperor Renard in the last and took some cash off Mike for you Kirsty. Sadly the ring was far too busy for me to make myself known to him, but I did back three winners with him.

Good days racing at Liscarroll today with a decent memorial exhibition to Vincent O'Brien whose daughter Jane Myerscough attended.
Very decent 5yo maiden where the first two Arch Dancer and Jean Lecroix could be two to follow.
As an added bonus the guide to the p2p.ie racecard featured Anseanchai Cliste, winner of the Ulster National today, if only we taken the hint !

Actually got my point to point preview for next Sunday's meeting at Cotley in the Racing Post Weekender - centre pages! Think my last one for the Quantock may have been in or at least the report but this is first one I've managed to get a copy of ��

Interesting race tomorrow at Ludlow. Full Trottle being backed - no idea how the point to point form stacks up. Favourite looks priced on old form and hasn't shown anything for a while, one to oppose

Nothing wrong with his p2p form Benny - looks good. Few in here with decent form, FT looks a bit of a short runner so this drop in trip should suit. First saw him at Cottenham over roughly 2m6f, he was skating home and then fell over at the last. Looks a lovely horse in Open company this year and has his regular jockey up again here.Happy to take 8's despite the really really big prices going.Martin

Thanks Martin. And thanks for the Ston Easton stuff last week - we had a great day punting your card. Racing with two young kids doesn't leave any time for paddock inspection or race card study, so knowing what to bet is a great help.

No worries mate - glad you enjoyed it.Not been to as many p2p's as I'd like to have this year but will be going to Tabley on Sunday and need to book the train down for Northaw. Hoping we get to run our horse there but due to go run over Easter too - should run a lot better than in previous starts too touch wood.Martin

We needed that one tbf Benny been a long season so far, good call - I played 2 value bets in an earlier race in France, missed out the third as the price was crashing. They finished 1-2-3 - no prizes for guessing which one won.

Martin

Yes very sad news regarding James - an old boy who loved racing, a true corinthian.

He had a lot of his rides for Laura Thomas who trains Full Trottle.

Martin

Back