The Pointing Thread

Stratford Stroller's jockey is dire but he's one of the best jockeys in the race, Charles Bruce needs 3m3f+ on good ground. He at least gets good ground today.

Hall Kelly not been in great nick this season but he comes out ok on the ratings and at 16/1 e/w he'd be the one for me.

Martin

17:50 Huntingdon - Banksandditches @ 16/1
I can't say I've ever been a massive fan of this horse but he's recently switched to Clare Hobson's yard from one that generally doesn't have too many winners, though they are operating with moderate horses in the main. I was surprised that Banksandditches managed to win his Restricted last year but he did and has come back this season with a Novice Riders win at Higham in January and crucially he won at Kingston Blount on his debut for Hobson on Sunday (this isn't listed in the form). He's looking a much more solid bet these days and I'm siding with him and also with Native Pride (11/4) in this who is a relatively lightly raced type in this sphere having broken his maiden at Lingstown last year prior to winning on his British debut at Larkhill in January. That was a decent contest with the runner-up winning his next four and the third winning next time out also and while he unseated his rider at Horseheath he ran much better on his latest outing in a Confined event and in my opinion should be favourite.

Martin

I can't say I've ever been a massive fan of this horse but he's recently switched to Clare Hobson's yard from one that generally doesn't have too many winners, though they are operating with moderate horses in the main. I was surprised that Banksandditches managed to win his Restricted last year but he did and has come back this season with a Novice Riders win at Higham in January and crucially he won at Kingston Blount on his debut for Hobson on Sunday (this isn't listed in the form). He's looking a much more solid bet these days and I'm siding with him and also with Native Pride (11/4) in this who is a relatively lightly raced type in this sphere having broken his maiden at Lingstown last year prior to winning on his British debut at Larkhill in January. That was a decent contest with the runner-up winning his next four and the third winning next time out also and while he unseated his rider at Horseheath he ran much better on his latest outing in a Confined event and in my opinion should be favourite.

Martin

i must owe you a good few gallon of beer by now Martin..pure genius call..thanks

Martin

:adore::adore::adore::adore:

No worries all - happy to help if I can just glad others were on too :)

Not many HC's left now sadly, last UK ones are on Friday night but hopefully the thread will continue to pay its way with the ex-p2pers under rules.

Cartmel stage a competitive race tomorrow - only Railway Dillon looks overly short over a trip that likely stretches his stamina.

There's a couple in there I hope will go well but would ideally like to see them drift and it could be one for the boilover merchants (Puyol interesting in this regard though jockey is bad).

Martin

Cygnet the one to beat for sure, Railway Dillon far too short and likely to weaken late on here as think this will be too far for him.

I've taken a chance on Abbeyview at a price, had hoped that Third Of The Third would drift but that's not happened. Abbeyview was runner-up to TOTT at Tabley last month and I think there is likely to be more to come from Sheila Crow's horse at this trip. There's no shame in being beaten by Sam Cavallaro in a three horse race on quick ground as he was at Eyton on his penultimate outing and he has a top jockey in Paddy Gerety up.

Martin

Cygnet the one to beat for sure, Railway Dillon far too short and likely to weaken late on here as think this will be too far for him.

I've taken a chance on Abbeyview at a price,

Martin
Nailed it as usual, I.S.

A grand run by Abbeyview, and great value for his 4.6 Place odds.

Many thanks. :)

Initial thoughts - if Drom doesn't win it will probably be one of the outsiders who goes in. Opera Og's best form has come with plenty of cut in the ground and his rider is having his first ride over regulation fences I believe/

Son Of Flicka is nowhere near the horse he was and should be nearer 14/1 than 5's. I wouldn't be a huge fan of Keki Buku either at the current price which basically leaves us with the outsiders.

Blackthirteen (25/1) had Son Of Flicka three lengths back in third when winning a Confined at Hornby Castle and had every chance when departing late on against the prolific Oaklands Bobby (won his last three) last time out. Blackthirteen looks to lack stamina in points so this drop in trip should suit and while we're taking a bit of a chance on the jockey with Jessica Gillam having yet to ride a winner under rules he looks at least double the price he should be and is well worth an each-way bet here.

Paint the clouds and current event looks a straightforward double. Mr Mercurial each way earlier on.

Waiting for the King to speak before betting though!

Back