The Pointing Thread

Coastal Tiep one of two horses last weekend to run twice in a day Benny - brought down early on in the 2m4f Maiden he came out later on the card to take the Open Maiden event.

The other was Cygnet who walked over in a Hunt Members and came out to finish runner-up in an Open.

Martin

That's the one SC - apologies I wasn't around to give my thoughts yesterday, we'd have won at Fakenham but lost at Exeter FWIW.

Made Decade Player favourite for the race at Wetherby later - hails from a good yard with a very decent jockey up and is a genuine 2-2m4f horse in this.

Martin

wow, just wow.

Cheers guys - glad you were on :)

Delta Borget looks an absurd price to my eyes tomorrow - he's in rare form this season and has finally found the knack of winning but his best form has come over the minimum trip, 1m7f in the case of his Leicester win and in a nine runner event over this sort of trip on his penultimate start he was beaten by Big Fella Thanks. Jo Buck who's ridden him the last twice would be a better jockey than Vicky Wade in my eyes and with the penalty he has even the extra weigh VW takes off doesn't put him that far ahead of his rivals on ratings.

The main one to be with to my eyes is Maxi Chop. He was a useful horse in France prior to moving to Paul Nicholls and while he hasn't lived up to expectations there he did finish runner-up in a couple of Maiden Hurdle's. The three mile trip in P2P's seems to trouble him a bit and he's always shown plenty of speed. Lewis Ferguson failed to weight in on MC's penultimate start and as such the horse was disqualified but the race was run in a decent time and only similar going to that which he'll encounter here. With a decent jockey in James King taking a valuable 7lbs off he looks a big price @ 12/1.

Martin

I don't believe I've ever seen tipping this good anywhere, especially a run like this :adore::adore: No pressure on your next one Martin :lol:

Absolutely superb!

Such a comprehensive knowledge, such outstanding judgement, and such generosity in sharing on the Forum. There aren't enough superlatives.

THANK YOU!

No problem all - happy to help out and just hope some people were on :)

I'll be at Garthorpe, Leicestershire on Sunday for some good, competitive racing and the final of the Novice Riders Championship, lovely course Garthorpe with a permanent weighing room etc. and a lovely beer hut/tent.

Fontwell for me next Thursday evening for Hunter Chase night but will post the night before and try and post as we go through if there are any drifters worth backing etc.

Haven't looked if we have any Hunter Chases in the mean time but there aren't many left now and taken a bit of time to get into top gear this season - probably due to the high number of badly handicapped ex-Rules horses I don't have a proper rating for.

Martin

We might go to Garthorpe on Sunday. We've been looking to go to more point to points [the only one we've been to is Alnwick].

Back