The Pope Out!!

And there was me thinking you'd found the third secret of Fatima, a new version of the Rosetta stone or maybe the final leg of a Nostradamus yankee.

Welcome to Talking Horses where me uncle says he has one for the Vatican...

You couldn't make this **** up!

Class!

And there was me thinking you'd found the third secret of Fatima, a new version of the Rosetta stone or maybe the final leg of a Nostradamus yankee.

Nope, it's just a chuckle, Art.....though the way I see it, everyone on here has a tenner, and tells ten of their friends to have a tenner too, and they tell ten of their friends?

KABLAMMO!!.....we have unstoppable momentum, Oscar is the talk of the town, and it's as if it's all somehow pre-ordained. :lol:

The shorties - the notable exception of Ratzinger apart - all drifted last time - mainly because the people pricing-up a market of this nature are guessing.

Better having a guess on a 10/1 shot than a 2/1 shot, I say! :D

That's not to take away from the nod we got from Uncle Thomas - he was very strong on Oscar.

Class!

I know! It's a f*cking beauty - we were roaring our c*cks-off laughing for weeks last time! :lol:

Last edited:
If you like stats

The Steelers won a Super Bowl in the first season after the elections of both Pope John Paul II & Pope Benedict XVI (1978 & 2005)

Class!

Agreed.

Though I reckon ex-priest Barney Curley has fingerprints all over this. Oscar is not off. I reckon some old fart that has been round the conclave three times without showing is The One. Who is he?

Agreed.

Though I reckon ex-priest Barney Curley has fingerprints all over this. Oscar is not off. I reckon some old fart that has been round the conclave three times without showing is The One. Who is he?

That's got plagiarise me written all over it :lol:

Grey seems determined to find one to beat ORM.

The sneering Wikipedia comments.

The unsaid promotion of conservatives, pitched as honest questions.

How close is he to the less progressive factions within the Holy See?

And what of his mysterious 'job' in Europe? Has this ever been satisfactorily explained away?

I think we should be told. Questionable motives are at play.

My aunty knows Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor and I'd like to know how a good chap like him isn't in the running..!

Last edited:
Grey seems determined to find one to beat ORM.

The sneering Wikipedia comments.

The unsaid promotion of conservatives, pitched as honest questions.

How close is he to the less progressive factions within the Holy See?

And what of his mysterious 'job' in Europe? Has this ever been satisfactorily explained away?

I think we should be told. Questionable motives are at play.

Italian PM Mario Monti said today he is "greatly shaken" that Benedict has resigned. He need not worry, our mandate is to ensure the papacy remains a European sinecure. ;)

Did you mark Power's card, Slim?

I note they are ducking Oscar at 7's (11/1 available with the Magic Sign).

2 of the 3 leading players are potentially "black popes". Sure this nonsense has been re-explained, but will the cardinals be brave enough to pick a black pope. I don't think so.

What price am I taking down to here? Taken the 11 with Lads for shirt buttons.

I love markets like this.

Back