The Pope Out!!

Surely 'Arry would be the shoe in. Just think of all that luvverly wheelin an dealin of Cardinals during the transfer window. Luvverly Jubberly....

p.s. taken 9's with bet365

Last edited:
I put my score on before I read the reasoning. But it is a touch flimsy, no?

By Grassy's logic, Gerard Houllier is a shoo-in for Ireland manager once Trap gets the heave-ho.

I didn't play and I'm normally the first on board. A lot has changed since the last election.

I put my score on before I read the reasoning. But it is a touch flimsy, no?

By Grassy's logic, Gerard Houllier is a shoo-in for Ireland manager once Trap gets the heave-ho.

As a heretic Jock, I figured it would be fairly obvious that my links to the Vatican would be tenuous at best, and non-existent at worst.

Things would need to have changed a lot, apparently the forum gamble got all of two votes last time out.

More negative propaganda from Grey. ORM was down to the last three in conclave last time around.

Last edited:
We prefer to call it spin, Grassy. ;)

But remember, the Petrine ministry belongs to Europe.

Do you remember Grassy when we had the inside track on the Miss World winner two weeks before the race for about five years. Mecca being the sponsor were the only bookies who would lay it and then only with a £10 or £20 max . The whole thing was fantastic fun and going round the branches collecting the winnings wearing false hats was outstanding. It was usually bet from about 16/1 to 7/4 in about an hour. This Pope thing reminds me of it

Do you remember Grassy when we had the inside track on the Miss World winner two weeks before the race for about five years. Mecca being the sponsor were the only bookies who would lay it and then only with a £10 or £20 max . The whole thing was fantastic fun and going round the branches collecting the winnings wearing false hats was outstanding. It was usually bet from about 16/1 to 7/4 in about an hour. This Pope thing reminds me of it

:lol:

Mecca being the sponsor were the only bookies who would lay it and then only with a £10 or £20 max . The whole thing was fantastic fun and going round the branches collecting the winnings wearing false hats was outstanding.

:lol::lol::lol:

Quality. :D

Maradiaga is out to 16/1 with sportingbet. I was limited to a maximum of 3.66 at that price. The bet was in sterling, mind you.

Oscar was a drifter with all firms last night, and is not garnering much i. The way of touts it has to be said, but it's early days.

I heard all this talk of a Black Pope last time round, and am thoroughly unconcerned about it becoming reality this time. The Canadian looks the threat.

Last edited:
For the benefit of the heretics:

There is a difference between the Black Pope, which is the nickname for the top man in the Jesuits, and a black pope.

Just so you know. :rolleyes:

Back