The Queen Anne

She loaded up easily today, which is unlike her. Maybe she was having an off day!! I don't know if Hughes did much wrong. that's the way he needs to be ridden.

Good race, but for me why has Hughsie let a quality filly get 5L on him 2f out. He made Paco run his race trying to get there. Had he made a move earlier it would have been closer. Yes did back the 2nd so maybe Pocket Talking but for me, think Hughsie gave him too much to do.

Did nothing wrong there in my book off that pace. If ever a race lived up to its build up this was it.

That must be close to the worst ride of Hughes' chequered career

I do not know what it looked like at home but I was amazed how much ground he made up on her

She loaded up easily today, which is unlike her. Maybe she was having an off day!! I don't know if Hughes did much wrong. that's the way he needs to be ridden.

I think he probably gave him too much to do, but equally it is unlikely he would have finished off the race as strongly if he did ride him more aggressively.

I think he gets a mile ok now for sure!!:lol:

I think she was very comfy there it looked to me like the jockey thought he had it won and he only realised the danger very late.

Good race, but for me why has Hughsie let a quality filly get 5L on him 2f out. He made Paco run his race trying to get there. Had he made a move earlier it would have been closer. Yes did back the 2nd so maybe Pocket Talking but for me, think Hughsie gave him too much to do.

I'd agree, don't think he assumed they'd be coming up the rails and did get a bit further behind than was planned I'm sure, going by the owners comments about following them closely this morning.

I don't like the way they are saying there was no gap, sadly there was a acre field between Rip and Zacinto, yet he waited still.

Credit to Hannon saying nothing wrong, but the last thing you wanna do is upset your jockey when he has two more big rides for the yard today.

According to someone on TRF Goldie touched 42 on Betfair. I'm a pessimistic SOB during a race I have a bet in but I wasn't really worried about the outcome.

goldikova wasn't exactly going away from Dream Eater which suggests she was tiring near the end. So not sure I buy the "Paco would have won if he was ridden closer to the pace". But like most times when a jock comes from behind, both sides will argue their case and neither will ever know!!

Last edited:
In both races he would have needed around half a stone less of a performance to win. A lot of pockets talking here.

Last edited:
What an amazing mare - just fantastic to watch, albeit near heart attack inducing.

She must be the best miler in decades - how many Group 1s in a row is that now at a mile? 8?

Incredible run from Paco Boy - betsmate, would you concede he is now a top miler?! :p

I think he probably gave him too much to do, but equally it is unlikely he would have finished off the race as strongly if he did ride him more aggressively.

Probably about right but for Hannon Jnr to say he needs to be ridden like that is utter nonsense.

Darley was stood on the track before the racing and I think he was suggesting there was a strong tailwind. Be interesting to see how easy those up front in the King's Stand are to peg back. I think Equiano might take some catching.

Probably about right but for Hannon Jnr to say he needs to be ridden like that is utter nonsense.

As others said, he is about to ride in some big races in a few minutes. Hardly the time to tell him he fecked up, particularly if the jockey is thinking it himself already!

Watching it again and I do think she was holding him at the line with some comfort...he didnt exactly flash past her after the line.

Hannon Jr is clueless.

Whatever about who would have won, you shouldn't get in the trouble Hughes did on the second favourite in a 9 runner race G1 mile race with the stalls in the middle of the track. There is nothing about Paco Boy which suggests he has to be ridden like that.

I thought afterwards Goldikova may have picked up again if they were closer together.

Back