The Queen Anne

I reckon Goldikova should win and look forward to a run full of promise from Rip Van Winkle.

However, I've thought outside the box a wee bit and backed Dalghar each-way. De Royer Dupré is no mug and his runners over here command the utmost respect. This guy must know all about Goldikova yet he's prepared to bring Dalghar over to take her on when there must be easier targets elsewhere.

For not too dissimilar reasons, I've also abcked Siyouni. I'm convinced Makfi will beat CC and DT and want to see a big run from Steinbeck but Siyouni was arguably France's best 2yo and France's 3yos are arguably better than ours, Workforce apart. Siyounui was 2/1f for the French Guineas, the clear winner of which was a clear winner of the French Derby but Siyouni hit all the trouble going and wasn't knocked about. The fact they're keen to take on Makfi et al suggests they think they have something decent. The place portion of the each-way double works out at 10/1 or thereabouts.

I agree with all of that.

Main bet is Goldikova, and have a little each way on Dalghar.

I agree with most of the points you raise on the St James Palace, but may just lay Canford Cliffs at under 2/1, and Makfi at 5/2 or under. I see the winner coming from Siyouni, Dick T o a Ballydoyle horse.

I strongly fancy Canford Cliffs today. Makfi beat him fair and square at Newmarket, but while the form book may not say it, I thought he took a huge step up in Ireland. Now that all stamina doubts are well gone he can be allowed to run a little freer which can only help. If he's beaten, I doubt it will be by Makfi.

Im laying Goldikova closer to the race. Another Breeders Cup filly Six Perfections was beaten in a worse Queen Anne than this.

if the race turn into a sprint who do you think will win ?
I THINk paco boy has the best turn of foot

Last edited:
You're not comparing Goldikova with Six Perfections are you?!

It would be like comparing High Rise with Sea the Stars because they both won the Derby.

I can see how she can get beat, either pace or Rip runs the finish out of her, but the latter appears unlikely if he is not 100% fit and hard trained.

Six Perfections is one of those horses who I think was physically mature enough to benefit greatly from the WFA allowance at 3, and without it at 4 wasn't quite as good.

Goldikova is the other way around - she's gotten better as she's gotten older.

Six Perfections was a nice filly , something like 125 but Goldikova is Miesques class if not better, she is a 135 mare, with the sex allowance you ne a 139 horse to beat her at her best.

Fair points above. Looks like I'll be sitting out as Goldikova is rock solid at 2.7 on Betfair.

Hard to tell from the TV but Rip Van Winkle does look likely to benefit from the race. Goldikova and Paco Boy look in great nick.

Calming Influence is the only bet I've had in the race, EW without Goldiokva.

His speed figures round Meydan aren't far behind the front three and I'd be happy with him coming fourth.

He's the only value angle I can find in the race. Goldikova should win by half the track.

Bloody hell Peslier! Hell of a finish. Paco Boy made up a huge amount of ground off what seemed to be a soft pace.

What a mare - don't know what Hughes was doing getting stuck in behind no hopers though.

Absolutely love the way she just flicks a switch and whoooosh!

That really was super, did Paco head her?

EDIT- seen the replay, no, must have been the angle.

Last edited:
Back