The Road To The 2012 Champion Hurdle

Where did I say he wouldn't be placed?!

I thought you were agreeing with Bar's assertion that he wouldn't be placed... that's what the rest of us were talking about. If you think he could be placed good for you... I think he could be placed too.

I thought you were agreeing with Bar's assertion that he wouldn't be placed... that's what the rest of us were talking about. If you think he could be placed good for you... I think he could be placed too.

No, I was agreeing with his point just before my post, that he won't win a Champion Hurdle. I think he could be placed, but wouldn't have any interest in betting on it, even at 3/4s to place only.

I'm putting everyone on standby now.

If it transpires that Hurricane Fly does not run in the next Champion Hurdle, I will be posting here with some severely profane and unedifying language. Should this come to pass, I want you communally to remember this warning, and not give me too hard a time when the air turns blue.

And it will turn blue............seriously blue.

If it transpires that Hurricane Fly does not run in the next Champion Hurdle, I will be posting here with some severely profane and unedifying language. Should this come to pass, I want you communally to remember this warning, and not give me too hard a time when the air turns blue.

I would love it if he doesn't run. And look forward to this supposed, terrifying outburst ... :D

It won't matter anyway, as Spirit Son will win, whether your fella is there or not.

Can't have Spirit Son myself, when running in a championship paced race his comments involved; "Not Fluent, Hung, Headed, Outpaced"

Yes, impressive, no doubt about that at all and nothing negative to say about it.

Spirit Son absolutely thrashed Cue Card (running to the 150s over fences) and Rock on Ruby (now rated 158, if I am not mistaken) 13 and 21 lengths. That was something seriously special, and Geraghty, one of the few jockeys I listen to, was adamant Cheltenham came a year too early for him - remember, he has had only 5 races in his career to date. I think he will prove to be something else.

Don't forget he ran quicker in the Supreme than Hurricane Fly did in the Champion.

Don't forget he ran quicker in the Supreme than Hurricane Fly did in the Champion.

Depends if you take RP standards for gospel, everyone in Racing knows they are worth about as much credibility than a bankers bonus!

Their standards are so far out Hamm.

"Don't forget he ran quicker in the Supreme than Hurricane Fly did in the Champion. "
So what? We are not talking about 5f sprinters here. The time of those races means not a jot to the quality of the horse. Spirit Son will not get any closer than Peddlers did. HF is the best hurdler of our life. Enjoy him.

HF is the best hurdler of our life. Enjoy him.

The greatest horses in the world don't often avoid a challenge, how many years has Willie Mullins put off Cheltenham with this beast?

The best horses in our life time capture the hearts of the nation, if you put Hurricane Fly & Kauto Star on the same card I am 150% certain everyone bar a few Irish nationals would be going to see the latter.

In 40 years time, only racing purists will remember Hurricane Fly whilst the general public will always know and remember what Kauto Star did - NOW THATS GREAT!

"Don't forget he ran quicker in the Supreme than Hurricane Fly did in the Champion. "
So what? We are not talking about 5f sprinters here. The time of those races means not a jot to the quality of the horse. Spirit Son will not get any closer than Peddlers did. HF is the best hurdler of our life. Enjoy him.

Sorry to introduce facts into a debate. Silly me.

Depends if you take RP standards for gospel, everyone in Racing knows they are worth about as much credibility than a bankers bonus!

What do their standards matter? They ran over the same course and distance within an hour of each other.

It's the same c/d on the same day. Standard times don't even enter into the comparison

I've already warned you that he should be 7/4 to make the line up.:)

Spirit Son is seriously decent and may be good enough whether the Hurricane turns up or not. Then again the yard's other one might bounce back.

I was at Aintree and Spirit Son was very impressive, but i treat Cheltenham form with much more respect, all of the first three in the Neptune ran flat next time out, so did Peddlers Cross, Mossley and so on, some can handle it others cannot...exciting horse though and love his attitude but prefer Hurricane Fly's.

HF has an entry in the Istabraq Hurdle 27th Leopardstown.

I was at Aintree and Spirit Son was very impressive, but i treat Cheltenham form with much more respect, all of the first three in the Neptune ran flat next time out, so did Peddlers Cross, Mossley and so on, some can handle it others cannot...exciting horse though and love his attitude but prefer Hurricane Fly's.

HF has an entry in the Istabraq Hurdle 27th Leopardstown.

I like this post, I like people who goto the racecourses and witness things for themselves - it's a much more strong and valid opinion than those behind a screen.

Also, a very good conclusion Jakers.

The greatest horses in the world don't often avoid a challenge, how many years has Willie Mullins put off Cheltenham with this beast?

The best horses in our life time capture the hearts of the nation, if you put Hurricane Fly & Kauto Star on the same card I am 150% certain everyone bar a few Irish nationals would be going to see the latter.

In 40 years time, only racing purists will remember Hurricane Fly whilst the general public will always know and remember what Kauto Star did - NOW THATS GREAT!

READ MY POST AGAIN. and i thought you were new to racing???? Hmmmm. :ninja:

and HAMM - the fact is using time of a race in a 2m hurdle is daft as you are assuming that both races are ran at the same pace, tactics etc. Speed ratings might be handy for sand dancers but are pretty pointless in NH. (imho) :)

READ MY POST AGAIN. and i thought you were new to racing???? Hmmmm. :ninja:

and HAMM - the fact is using time of a race in a 2m hurdle is daft as you are assuming that both races are ran at the same pace, tactics etc. Speed ratings might be handy for sand dancers but are pretty pointless in NH. (imho) :)

Yes, I agree.

Picture a Two mile race split into two miles.

You have the first 4f run in a sprint and the next 8f in a crawl then the last 4f in a sprint, it's just chaotic!

Back