The Road To The 2012 Champion Hurdle

aye..remember the **** we both got after last years race?..threads being started just to take the ****...shows how decent we both are not doing the same:lol:

Please point out the "shite" I doled out to you and Hamm after last years race.

And then show me the thread I started just to take the "shite".

If you are going to make "shite" up, at least have the sense not to do it on a format with an easily verifiable audit trail.

I can sense the relief in both your posts though. Have you got your gear back from the dry cleaners yet? ;)

Last edited:
Please point out the "shite" I doled out to you and Hamm after last years race.

And then show me the thread I started just to take the "shite".

If you are going to make "shite" up, at least have the sense not to do it on a format with an easily verifiable audit trail.

I can sense the relief in both your posts though. Have you got your gear back from the dry cleaners yet? ;)

i don't recall saying you personally started any thread.

a pity you couldn't see any problem with some of what happened last year..yet are getting shirty because i mention Hamm and myself haven't resorted to the petty pathetic behaviour handed out then

why would i have any sense of relief? i had no money on HF so it were here nor there to me whether he won or not

its very interesting to see how many posts are on this thread though compared to last years thread ..after the race..this one is considerably shorter from when the race finished

i wonder why that is?

Last edited:
i don't recall saying you personally started any thread.

What else am I meant to read into it when you quote Hamm directly when he asks how I am?

a pity you couldn't see any problem with some of what happened last year..yet are getting shirty because i mention Hamm and myself haven't resorted to the petty pathetic behaviour handed out then

WTF else are you and Hamm indulging in, if not petty crowing? Yet you accuse others of this? Classic.

its very interesting to see how many posts are on this thread though compared to last years thread ..after the race..this one is considerably shorter from when the race finished

i wonder why that is?

Not sure what you're getting at, or if your point has any relevance anyway. When an odds-on jolly is humped, and a largely unconsidered outer wins, I expect the catchment-area for those still inclined to post is quite small. Unless your onlcomity action is only to score cheap 'revenge' points, that is.

Last edited:
oh dear you do need to take it out on someone don't you?

i haven't taken any cheap shots at you..good job you weren't on the receiving end of some of those last year.

anyway if thats yer tone then don't bother with any more parlais with me...life's to short..stick me on your ignore list in future

Last edited:
I was quietly minding my own business and not "taking it out" on anyone, until you and Hamm decided to have a coversation about me - at which point, I think I'm allowed to respond.

Truth be told? I am disillusioned with forum posting. I don't know how many hours I've invested over the last 3-4 years discussing Hurricane Fly, but it's a lot. And all of it rendered largely irrelevant because he loses one race.

I confess I've had an epiphany, and realise that I can no longer justify the hours I've submerged into pointless discussion of horses who will - as the saying goes - eventually make fools of us all. Last week's result has shown me the crashing futility of it all.

I've only logged in here a couple of times, to see if Grey has PM'd me about the Ante-Post compy, as I'm keen to settle-up then move on. I may occassionally post on the F1 thread in the Sports section, but will otherwise be withdrawing from forum life, to pursue more productive endeavours.

Good luck to one and all. :cool:

Unfortunately the very nature of forums where instant responses become public permanent written comments means that differences of opinion, which can be among the most interesting and informative source of posts, are not accompanied by the tones and checks that are present in direct verbal discussion. It is all too easy to slight or feel slighted by comments that are not properly expressed and very difficult to say 'perhaps I didn't mean that'.

I was quietly minding my own business and not "taking it out" on anyone, until you and Hamm decided to have a coversation about me - at which point, I think I'm allowed to respond.

Truth be told? I am disillusioned with forum posting. I don't know how many hours I've invested over the last 3-4 years discussing Hurricane Fly, but it's a lot. And all of it rendered largely irrelevant because he loses one race.

I confess I've had an epiphany, and realise that I can no longer justify the hours I've submerged into pointless discussion of horses who will - as the saying goes - eventually make fools of us all. Last week's result has shown me the crashing futility of it all.

I've only logged in here a couple of times, to see if Grey has PM'd me about the Ante-Post compy, as I'm keen to settle-up then move on. I may occassionally post on the F1 thread in the Sports section, but will otherwise be withdrawing from forum life, to pursue more productive endeavours.

Grass

I can guarantee you i had no intention of rubbing anything in or have any feelings of revenge ..i was hoping you would take any comments as banter..there is no ill will from me..never has been..we've had our moments but overall i've enjoyed your input here.

I can't see how HF losing has made a fool out of anyone..its just the game.

take a break..sounds like you need one...i've left enough times..so i do know what you are saying

all the best
Alan

GH,

It was harmless banter, the kind of which you engaged in more than anyone beforehand and enjoyed.

On a separate level, I feel the same re forums, and may exit stage left after Aintree (flat is awful).

On a separate level, I feel the same re forums, and may exit stage left after Aintree (flat is awful).

What are you on about? I'm starting to come out of my hibernation. There's nothing I love more than knocking some of your madcap ideas on the flat! :D

Flat is after this jumps season..

Incredibly rich owners with characterless trainers and characterless jockeys running races the vast majority of which are not as exciting as an average jump race. I used to be 50/50, but the jumps is much better for the average spectator. I mean, who in their right mind wants to spend a day at Royal Ascot or the Derby? Or with the pissheads in summer at Newmarket?

Well said Hamm

Jumps still has character and feels real. Flat just seems like the rich mans playground with man built machines chasing straight lines

Each to their own and good luck to the flat brigade this summer but after Punchestown I will be off the racing part of the forum until I start the Novice chasers 2012/13 thread in Late September

Incredibly rich owners with characterless trainers and characterless jockeys running races the vast majority of which are not as exciting as an average jump race. I used to be 50/50, but the jumps is much better for the average spectator. I mean, who in their right mind wants to spend a day at Royal Ascot or the Derby? Or with the pissheads in summer at Newmarket?

I used to be 50/50 also and am now more like 60/40 for the Jumps and I too feel a bit unexcited for the Flat and the latest Ballydoyle hotpot for the Guineas/Derby. But I'm sure that rush will kick in on Guineas morning.

Harbour watch slight set back and may not be making the race.

Great news, Bronterre even more likely to be trained for the Guineas now.

A jumps fan would never openly be pleased when a horse missed his target.

Last edited:
I'll be a lot more interested about the flat when I get to see what odds I can back Excelebration at to turn over Frankel early on this season!

Sentiment don't come into it as the saying goes.

Come on Grassy. Don`t leave . We need your comments and intel on here. I know most of us will hibernate now during the dirge flat but we have Aintree and Punchestown to negotiate first

Thanks Grasshopper. All the best if you decide these waters are best left uninhibited for the forseeable future.

As for The Fly, I'm still sure on known form he was the right one to back.:)

Last edited:
I agree with virtaully all of what Hamm states and like euro have drifted away from 50/50 to more like 70/30

In addition the key thing for me is that even a small meeting or a relatively modest race on any card is worth watching and enjoyable on the jumps whereas on the flat its deeply dull (especially the godawful world of sprint handicaps)

I go racing about 25-30 times a year and only about 5 of those will be flat meetings

The Flat is still great at his best and you still have good stories like Frankel and Sergeant Cecil and Hoof It. And there are also great characters like Frankie and John Gosden and Sir Mark (Is the Bt that appears after his name in Racehorses short for Baron?)

But it hasn't anything comparable to Cheltenham.

Last edited:
Back