The Road to the 2017 Champion Hurdle

Willie "leg injury and misses Cheltenham" ?? more likely leg injury and misses at least 1 year depending on severity. Like before there's no one from the yard that will confirm or deny anything, like a false injury being reported so they can save her for Aintree.

Are you on drugs?

Yesterday's headline Annie and Faugheen could clash. Today she's out injured.

If it was just a freak injury and if they had no previous you wouldn't bat an eyelid and would have nothing but sympathy, however while the sympathy remains this doesn't help the perception they give out that they're continuously hiding things from the public as the vibes have been poor all year.

It's a real shame we won't get to see her in March and as somebody pointed out earlier, at least she got to show how good she was last year but I can't help but feel we'll have seen the last of her on a racecourse and as ridiculous as it sounds considering she won a Champion Hurdle, she has to go down as questionably campaigned.

I'm not a big fan of seeing hordes of Gigi runners in the same race but at least their horses are given their chance instead of being square pegged to fit in with others.

Vroum Vroum Mag won't stay well enough for the Stayers IMO and they have Limini for the Mare's so on the off chance Faugheen fails to sparkle (despite needing the run) then the 25/1 about VVM makes most appeal to me at this point.

Last edited:
3 festivals on the bounce that wretched horse has done in me in the hoop! The fall at the last. Winning last year when not even originally entered and I'd backed the second and now today's news when I had a nice price treble in October with her, Altior Thistlecrack!

Agree though how can yesterday's headlines be that she could clash with Faugheen?

Last edited:
3 festivals on the bounce that wretched horse has done in me in the hoop! The fall at the last. Winning last year when not even originally entered. I'd backed the second and now today's news when I had a nice price treble in October with her, Altior Thistelcrack!

Agree though how can yesterday's headlines be that she could clash with Faugheen?

What price did you get on Annie?

Are you saying that they were telling porkies? :whistle:

3 festivals on the bounce that wretched horse has done in me in the hoop! The fall at the last. Winning last year when not even originally entered. I'd backed the second and now today's news when I had a nice price treble in October with her, Altior Thistelcrack!

Didn't you learn your lesson with this yard, Tiggers??

:p

He would need supplementing.

Nor was Annie at this stage last year!
I know, but if the conspiracy theories are to be believed, then surely WPM would have included Yorkhill at entry stage last week. The fact Yorkhill wasn't entered then has to lead you to believe the Annie injury is genuine new news. Either that or they are comfortable they have things covered between Faugheen, NC, VVM and the others, or maybe even my old favorite Wicklow Brave[emoji50] [emoji6] [emoji41]

Last edited:
This is sad news but hardly a surprise. We are entering the period when similar news will be appearing on a daily basis about other horses intended for Cheltenham. It coincides with their preparation starting to intensify. Given that Annie had an injury from last year to overcome this was always going to be a high risk time of year with her and the same is true of Faugheen. Talk of conspiracies is codbox.

I get that Grey, but that also makes as a very useful cover-up. If the conspiracy theory is wrong then she'll be retired, otherwise I expect her for Aintree.

I get that Grey, but that also makes as a very useful cover-up. If the conspiracy theory is wrong then she'll be retired, otherwise I expect her for Aintree.
Just to clarify Aughex, What exactly is the conspiracy theory? That all along they knew she wouldn't make Cheltenham and were aiming her at Aintree, and that they lied to the public about this so as to minipulate the prices of other horses in the Cheltenham betting market(s) ?

Just to clarify Aughex, What exactly is the conspiracy theory? That all along they knew she wouldn't make Cheltenham and were aiming her at Aintree, and that they lied to the public about this so as to minipulate the prices of other horses in the Cheltenham betting market(s) ?

its all about RR. He said(to Chappers begin of season) that Mullins wanted to run both of them in the CH, if they come back, but that he doesn't wants to. He also said he'll never downgrade her for the Mares after she just won the CH and had plans of her going to be the first mare to win 2 CH. Now WPM officially confirmed couple days ago that he is planning on running them both if they get there but now with Faugheen proabably showing good signs and the WH race not that(like RR hoped at the start of season so taht Faugheen can go for it) how can they bypass Chelt in an manner that doesn't affect AP reputation?

A leg injury that will fix itself but not in time for Chelt. Hence, if she's back for Aintree then I assume this was the plan all along. Also given that, unlike other years, no press has been let into their yard to take videos/pics and talk to stable lads then its clear somethings up. However, if she is really injured and doesn't make the rest of the season then the conspiracy will be proven wrong because if she goes to Aintree and hacks up then her reputation is still intact and 'what a shame she missed Chelt'..

you left out the bit about Willie Mullins shooting Shergar DH
you're useless then

C.mon guys ease up Augie is one of the lads and lets not forget not everyone can be perfect like me Reet and Grassy Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :lol:

as far as I am concerned **** Ricci **** Mullins **** Ruby I feel so bad for anyone who backed her........This lot are censored

Last edited:
The biggest con is if she had run and you backed Apples Jade AP they were giving you 2/1 and 5/2 but she'd have been 5/1 if Annie turned up
now she is not running you get the same price.......if that is not a con I don't know what is

Footpad a bit too close for me although the winner may have idled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back