The Road To The 2018 Champion Chase

Not that any of us take too much stock in Ricci/Mullins pre festival statements of intent, but by that Min clearly no.1 and Douvan his 'reserve'..... At this stage anyway [emoji848]

He’s left the door wide enough open there and offloaded any potential criticism on the owner. He wasn’t born yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He continues to thrive, vet is very happy PM also is happy and Nicky Henderson is having heart palpitations..looking more like we will see Douvan V Altior afterall.

Ordinary World was running a huge race on Saturday and was going to be a comfortable 2nd to Min before his shuddering mistake at the last brought him to complete standstill.
He finished 4th in the end, but prior to Yesterday He's had 7 other starts over fences (All graded races including 4 Grade 1's) and He has never been out of the first 3.
Assuming he's none the worse after yesterday, 50/1 E/W NRNB for the QMCC is a huge price. Race could still cut up to less than 8 runners and could see him sneaking into 3rd anyway. 50/1 a cracking E/W value bet.

Just as a follow up to this, I was watching the DRF races again tonight and found it extremely noteworthy that the morning of the 2m chase race that Ordinary World was 40/1 and was hammered in the betting into 10/1 (Note there was only 7 runners so only 2 places!) before the off, clear 3rd fav behind Min & Yorkhill.

However, the Douvan factor is the spanner in the works for this as a viable EW QMCC proposition now, as if he and Min both line up (Still has to be unlikely?) along with Altior, the first 3 places are almost a given. Food for thought........

Twitter reporting that Douvan's chances of making the Champion Chase now considerably better than 50-50 according to Mullins

Twitter reporting that Douvan's chances of making the Champion Chase now considerably better than 50-50 according to Mullins

promising to hear but i feel like guy pearce's character in memento when he jots "don't believe his lies" on the back of a polaroid

Douvan at this morning's press conference

2pt6ofq.jpg

Last edited:
Watching last year's QMCC Douvan jumped badly early and left his back legs behind in a couple of fences and then put that short extra stride in at the fence after the stands.

He he will have to jump much better this year - question I suppose us when did he injure himself in the race last year?

If both WPM horses make it and you are Ruby- who do you ride?

I'll crack the jokes thank you:blink: Considering WPM will only tun him if he is 100% sure he's ok that's about as daft a question as it gets,

Patrick Mulling would throw a dicky-fit if you asked him that.

Douvan would be 2 stone better than Min and even Altior wouldn't get him off the bridle.

I don't think you quite realize Douvan is a deity among horses..Pegasus himself couldn't beat him when he's right.

Hope that clears that up for you:lol:

Danny Mullins said at a preview Douvan is working better then he ever has in the past. I doubt he will be 4/1 On the day with Ruby on board.

I'll crack the jokes thank you:blink: Considering WPM will only tun him if he is 100% sure he's ok that's about as daft a question as it gets,

Patrick Mulling would throw a dicky-fit if you asked him that.

Douvan would be 2 stone better than Min and even Altior wouldn't get him off the bridle.

I don't think you quite realize Douvan is a deity among horses..Pegasus himself couldn't beat him when he's right.

Hope that clears that up for you:lol:

Kind of like your early season hopes for Yanworth

Back