• Buveur D'Air

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Faugheen

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wouldn't say its a good sign. Barry must be going to Sandown to ride Buveur D'air in the contenders .

I would otherwise Mark Walsh would be riding . Johnson unlikely to give up a book of Saturday rides unless some confidence Defi back to form.

Last edited:
But could you now argue if it had a very good chance of winning BG would be on it rather than a 17k race at Sandown.

Yeah I'd agree it's not a negative. Johnson 3/3 on the horse, including the Triumph, so he at least knows him.

As said above, can't see Dickie coming over for nothing! He looks to have one other ride on the Saturday Leopardstown card so far, now that he is coming over.

4:05 Master of Irony 25/1 . Might be worth a second look in that big H'Cap.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

If you can't hack non runners why not wait until the day of the race.

9 times out of 10 when Mullins is involved I do and this was no exception.

It's from the point of view I want to see the Douvan's Altior's and Faugheen's of racing run and it is so frustrating when they say they are going and they don't

But could you now argue if it had a very good chance of winning BG would be on it rather than a 17k race at Sandown.

BG is retained by McManus and may not have had a choice, Brian.....and even if he did, it would make absolutely no sense to not ride the odds-on CH fave in a tap-in race, in favour of a 5yo with it all to prove.......especially when you will have the pick of the pair at Cheltenham, regardless of what happens this weekend.

There is no insight to be derived from riding arrangements on JP’s Champion Hurdlers this weekend......nada.....zip....zilch.

Last edited:
BG is retained by McManus and may not have had a choice, Brian.....and even if he did, it would make absolutely no sense to not ride the odds-on CH fave in a tap-in race, in favour of a 5yo with it all to prove.......especially when you will have the pick of the pair at Cheltenham, regardless of what happens this weekend.

There is no insight to be derived from riding arrangements on JP’s Champion Hurdlers this weekend......nada.....zip....zilch.

I agree Nick the jockey arrangements give no insight. I was playing devils advocate to johnston being a positive booking. Trust me holding a tasty e/way voucher on Defi for Saturday I hope the feck the real horse turns up regardless who's on top.

Geraghty rides BD in Champion & Johnson rides DDS if his Sat run is good enough. Id imagine that’s why he’s over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Nick the jockey arrangements give no insight. I was playing devils advocate to johnston being a positive booking. Trust me holding a tasty e/way voucher on Defi for Saturday I hope the feck the real horse turns up regardless who's on top.

I backed Win Only at 14/1 in the expectation that Faugheen either missed it or blew-out, and that Defi showed the Ascot run to be all wrong. Torn between wanting Defi to do well, and seeing Faugheen return to his best.

I should have thought the riding arrangements on Saturday might not give any clues as to the outcome of the CH but otherwise they clearly do as to the expected performance of D de S . Johnson hardly needs to get to know the horse . He would not be going over unless there was some confidence behind him .

Geraghty quite obviously would not desert the reigning champion's prep . That would make nil sense .

Last edited:
I keep thinking Istabraq when I think about Faugheen...you want to see him bounce back but that run last time was so bad without excuse it's hard to imagine.

Defi could be a very big price here and shoot himself right back into the CH picture for a JP threesome

I should have thought the riding arrangements on Saturday might not give any clues as to the outcome of the CH but otherwise they clearly do as to the expected performance of D de S . Johnson hardly needs to get to know the horse . He would not be going over unless there was some confidence behind him .

Geraghty quite obviously would not desert the reigning champion's prep . That would make nil sense .

The clue you are looking for is in the horse going not the jockey, which tell you he's probably in very good nick.

RJ is stable jockey, The horse is their CH hope owned by the biggest owner in their yard who you simply don't say no too because you think he might not win.

With Barry going elsewhere RJ would be going no matter what

Dickie would want to nail down a ride with a chance in the Champion Hurdle too so unless Defi completely bombs out again tomorrow you'd think he'd be it.

I've decided to take a small wager on John Constable at 33/1 w/o Boover NRNB just in case he runs him close tomorrow or if a few reputations get shattered over in Ireland. I doubt he will run him too close but I tend to agree with the general consensus of whatever he does tomorrow and from what he did in the international that he'll improve for better ground come the festival.

Faugheen is a goner, couldn't get rid of Jezki.. worlds apart from what he shown on his brilliant return, what a shame :(

Faugheen is a goner, couldn't get rid of Jezki.. worlds apart from what he shown on his brilliant return, what a shame :(

I suppose the question is how brilliant was that return . Jezki gallant but well behind in fourth - Melon a very flat fifth and Defi ran another absolute stinker in a distant seventh .

No surprise B d A so short now . Supasundae a real pro but not even entered in the Champion.

Last edited:
bda didn't move that much really, 4/5 to 4/6. suspect we see at least 8/11 on the day and he's going to be mightily tempting. what on earth beats him?

they should chuck apples jade in. she'd possibly go off 2nd fav.

Go in peace Faugheen. Might find a race for him but a shadow of himself.

Defi and Melon...

Samcro might well have won that.

Apple's jade surely would have

Last edited:
Yer all mad that was a terrific Champion Hurdle trial for a horse returning from the sick list.

It was only a few weeks ago he was pulled up with something amiss.

His target is the Champion Hurdle and his trainer is as cautious as they come.

Leaving something to work on will surely have been the plan and the way PT kept hold of him for most of the race I would suspect they thought he might blow up.

Anyone who thinks he wont strip much fitter and make them all go in the Champion Hurdle is ...collect your white coat at the door

Back