• Buveur D'Air

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Faugheen

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve backed My Tent at 13/2 each way NRNB, 3 places, 1/4 odds in Bet365’s betting without Buveur D’air market.

There are doubts about the participation of most of the list above him in the market, which is Faugheen, Yorkill, Min and Melon. The same goes for those directly beneath him; Defi Du Seuil, The New One and Apples Jade.

It’s very hard IMO to see MTOY not finish in the first four places, assuming one of the places is taken by Buveur D’air and unless a peak form Faugheen turns up he’s as good a chance as any of filling the runner up spot for the 4th time so 13/2 each way in a race which could really cut up is too big.

For me he’d have the beating of Melon. The Mullins horse pulled hard in the International but MTOY wasn’t much better, despite showing an improvement in his older years but is more likely to be suited to the often better March ground.

I can’t have MTOY finishing in front of Melon next time. The latter will get a 6lbs pull for a couple of lengths, and on my viewing of the International, pulled considerably harder than MTOY did throughout the race.

I personally see the sense in backing pretty much anything NRNB w/o Boover. Personally I think the trial you mention Grass, Ch'tibello came out on top for me as the most likely with all things considered. In all honesty though I think the trials will have little bearing on the day. Ardross has made a good point about the Haydock trial but in general all the trials seem to be run on bad ground at a slow pace nothing like the day. At least My tent has been and done it and true he might not come second but I wouldn't like to bet against him being 4th best and as the bet is e/w I see it as having a punchers chance of winning but a very solid chance of getting paid on the place part. Pretty much the way I'd see your interest in L'ami serge for the Stayers bet. You'd also have to take into account that Melon might not even be there given the Mullins entries who knows. Its not a bet for me but I certainly see the sense in the approach its just I've favoured Ch'tibello and Call me a lord as better value.

Quite happy you're singing the praises everywhere about Call Me Lord Danny.
Flicked through my tracked horses and I've got him down as more of a horse for next season. I'll be watching with great interest for his forthcoming races and robbed a few of your notes on him if you don't mind.

I can’t have MTOY finishing in front of Melon next time. The latter will get a 6lbs pull for a couple of lengths, and on my viewing of the International, pulled considerably harder than MTOY did throughout the race.

Melon V Tent...Come March:blink:. Melon won't run at Cheltenham IMO I don't think Mullins believes he's anywhere near good enough.........Novice Chasing ASAP for him..very moderate hurdler

I've no idea what you are on, but I wouldn't mind a pinch of it.

Melon's run in the Bula was a super effort, on only his second run out of novice company, and fifth hurdles start in all. He never settled at all throughout the race, and was only beaten 2L conceding 6lbs to a horse who has finished second in three Champion Hurdles.

The form-book says he is anything but moderate. In fact, moderate my hole, you dipstick! :lol:

Flicked through my tracked horses and I've got him down as more of a horse for next season. I'll be watching with great interest for his forthcoming races and robbed a few of your notes on him if you don't mind.

Erm no problem at all with robbing notes as long as they haven't got the queens head on.

I think though you might be missing the point. I'm not so much singing the praises of the horse so much as the bet. CML could be the next big thing or he could be a mud loving, right handed, slow paced, handicapped to the hilt yak. The latter is certainly more likely.

What he can't be unless he goes straight there which he won't, is be both a horse that lines up for the champion hurdle and go off any bigger than 12/1 in the outright market.

At work so apologies for the brief response.

Last edited:

If you want a bit of a line into Call Me a lord it'll be interesting to see how Our Merlin gets on in the last at Cheltenham tomorrow. I don't expect him to win as I think Le patriote has a tonne in hand personally. Our merlin is 4lb higher and Cobden rides instead of the 7lb claimer he had last time so he's really up against it tbh in a competitive Cheltenham handicap. Remembering Call me a lord gave him 2 stone or just over and beat him with a degree of comfort then if Our Merlin on tomorrows terms runs anywhere near the first 3 then I'd take it as a positive sign.

Last edited:
Call me Lord receives an entry in the contenders very much doubt he'll take it up but Sandown, soft ground, 6lb from Boover if ever you needed the ideal opportunity for him to throw his hat into the ring this is it !

Lets get it on :ninja:

Look man at least I get to get my hopes up before he runs off course in the Champion haha. I've emailed Cheltenham race course in advance to tell them on health and safety grounds they have to run the Champion Hurdle the other way around else they'll have a horse shaped rocket piling through the crowds :)

:lol: The way things are looking they should arrange for an American Football style dress code for the crowd.

Call me Lord receives an entry in the contenders very much doubt he'll take it up but Sandown, soft ground, 6lb from Boover if ever you needed the ideal opportunity for him to throw his hat into the ring this is it !

Lets get it on :ninja:

Henderson made reference to this yesterday. It was just in case something went wrong with the champ.

Pingshou gets his first entry of the year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If perhaps ..ahem...Cheltenham received...ahem...a bomb threat..in that scenario....just asking like...ahem...where exactly would they run the Champion hurdle ?

They'd bypass the hurdle.

As somebody alluded to a while back (last year ?), it'd take a hell of a lot to cancel the meeting nowadays.

They are now reporting that Melon could start fav in Ireland........getting really sick of Mullins and his antics. mARKETS DRIFT EVERYTIME HORSES GET PULLED OUT AND HE SAYS WASN'T ME

No financial interest just find his nonsense with horses like Faugheen and Douvan sickening.........I really pity anyone who back him if Faugheen misses the race..if he does Mullins should be put up against a wall and shot

They are now reporting that Melon could start fav in Ireland........getting really sick of Mullins and his antics. mARKETS DRIFT EVERYTIME HORSES GET PULLED OUT AND HE SAYS WASN'T ME

No financial interest just find his nonsense with horses like Faugheen and Douvan sickening.........I really pity anyone who back him if Faugheen misses the race..if he does Mullins should be put up against a wall and shot
I'd have thought you'd go for lethal injection given your fan-boy status with Nicky the Needle.:cool:

Mullins said yesterday 2 tests to get through which presumably would be work today and Friday.

PP going
11/8 Faugheen (with the only movement today out to 6/4 for half an hour at lunchtime)
15/8 Melon
3/1 DDS

Last edited:

If you can't hack non runners why not wait until the day of the race.

I assume that is a good sign for Defi fans . Dickie would not be going over for the ride otherwise .

Back