• Buveur D'Air

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Faugheen

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How does that 3m55s compare against the expected (standard?) time for the given ground conditions, DO?

Just to come back to this question...

I've crunched some numbers and I'm getting mixed messages.

The going on the chase course on Saturday was officially heavier than on the hurdles course but it's the chases that are throwing up the better times.

I've experimented with a few things and the only one that's making sense is the relative form between Elgin and Flying Tiger so for the time being I'm going to go along with low ratings for the race. I have Elgin coming out a pound higher than before but it obviously means Everything else has under-performed.

As far as the expected comparison with Standard goes, it looks like they should have been able to get round in 3m 41s.

Last edited:
Yorkhill 60/40 to Rock up here according to reports from Mullins media morning. He feels he’d be an easier ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yorkhill 60/40 to Rock up here according to reports from Mullins media morning. He feels he’d be an easier ride.

Had my suspicions that would be the case every time he's talked about him before and after chases he's said I always thought he was a Champion Hurdle horse. Would be hard to fancy him for anything the way he ran the last day but excluding Buveur Dair the race is weaker than hospital tea.

I really hope both he and Faugheen turn up. Not just because it'll make it more of a contest but because I may get even money near the off about Buveur D'air then.

I really hope both he and Faugheen turn up. Not just because it'll make it more of a contest but because I may get even money near the off about Buveur D'air then.

I’m sitting on many different 4/1 bets on Buveur from the summer and a few in accums at 7/2. If i got evens on course the Tuesday I’d take the hand off the bookmaker.

If Yorkhill runs here, I'd say it will be at the expense of Faugheen, rather than to complement him.

Buveur D'Air is a certainty regardless of who Mullins sends, and I'm not convinced a Yorkhill declaration would have anything like the kind of market-impact, some of the greedier forum members are hoping for! :lol:

Have to say if Yorkhill runs here then that he's been campaigned on acid this season. Gold Cup, Champion Chase and Champion Hurdle all in the 3 months!!!

his review of Faugheen after the ICH suggests it wouldn't be him

Don't think he was too enthused about Yorkhill being dropped back to two miles as a chaser either let alone a hurdler .

Hence I think he will be aboard Melon on the day, I've always had my doubts about Faugheen turning up here after his ICH performance.

Last edited:
Mullins on Yorkhill.

"He's not a great work horse. He's very lazy, which you wouldn't believe when you see him on a race track. I always thought he'd be a Champion Hurdle horse but he'd be a nice one to have along with Un De Sceaux for the Ryanair. I'm not going to make that decision until I have to."

I always thought he’d be a champion hurdle horse!!!! Strange way of campaigning him so Willie.

Last edited:
Willie has said since September that he saw Yorkhill as a CH horse and Ruby wanted him in the Gold Cup. He told us that Wylie hadn't yet voiced an opinion but I'd say that the campaign was done with his blessing. Funny how those showing most outrage are the big BDA fans. Sublimating deep insecurity?

The interesting question is how Yorkhill would have gone had Ruby stayed fit. I suspect that he would have gone much better at Christmas and would have stayed on the Gold Cup trail. I don't give him much chance in the CH but the news about Fox Norton might tilt them towards the Ryanair even yet.

Bring him on Archie. I have no qualms if the horse runs there or not. It’s irrelevant. I’ve a track record here for suggesting Buveur D’Air is special and he’ll gobble Yorkhill up if he rocks up. The horse could well go for the Ryanair tho and that’s the problem. It’s no wonder Mr Wylie has not voiced an opinion. He probably has no idea what’s going on!!!

What I do have a qualm about is the crap coming out of Mullins mouth. Every year there’s a new drama.

Last edited:
I suspect that you are grossly underestimating Wylie's knowledge and input. I don't have a problem with BDA being a worthy favourite but in terms of crap/mouth relationships I'd have to say that Binocular/Nicky is the original and still the best.

I don’t disagree with you there at all re Binocular. But it was a once off. It’s soap opera stuff with Mullins now. You can’t back any of his horses antepost now because they could end up anywhere. He can’t be trusted.

Mullins knows dam well where Yorkhill will run and why he can’t just come out and let people know is very annoying. Vautour another that took the biscuit.

Last edited:
Back