The Road to the 2019 Champion Hurdle

Very surprised not to see another O’Sullivan Bloodstock horse in there for Laurina. He might use Saldier for her and Sarjah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Laurina will make her own running..............if she runs.

The only time she’s done that was last time at Sandown in a two horse race. Highly improbable she’ll do it in a champion. Every other race she’s been mid div. Charli Parcs will be sent out as the Buvs hare again anyway but expected something like Cut the Mustard who went a right clip for her in the mares novice last year to be in the line up.

Charlie Parcs will set it up for them all

Yes, tho he was bolli*#d after 4 out last year. They were hoping he’d still be going to 2 out.

Key as pacemaker is to go a strong enough gallop to bring the field along but not get far enough away so the field totally dismisses him. Charli fell into the 2nd bracket last year.

I really fancy Silver Streak at an ew price. He's done nothing but improve all season, can run at Cheltenham, is battle-hardened, and looks as though he's far from fragile. 50s is available. Did I mention he's a dark horse in my TTF?

I agree with Silver Streak as an ew bet. I think he's abetter horse than Mick Jazz in a race that will be no better.

Hope not as I’ve had a speculative bet on him at 33s but Cromwell seemed fairy negative about him going for it this year in that post race interview

doesnt jump nearly well enough to get close to CH. Has class but needs to improve (with more runs I would think)

doesnt jump nearly well enough to get close to CH. Has class but needs to improve (with more runs I would think)

Race today probably didn't see him to his best to be fair

I thought his jumping as a juvenile was exceptional

Fact that he won't run at Leop let's me think Cheltenham will come a year too early

Hope not as I’ve had a speculative bet on him at 33s but Cromwell seemed fairy negative about him going for it this year in that post race interview
Trainer has been negative about it all year!!

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

On soft ground, who do we think will win? Buveur D’Air or Apple’s Jade? Personally wouldn’t oppose Buveur and would expect its price to drift on the day when Apple’s Jade inevitably gets backed like defeat is out of the question.

Don't think it's definite is it ?

All systems go according to Elliot. Said they'd rather lose this race then potentially lose the mares.

Think Laurina will go to the mares with the excuse they've not been able to get runs into her. If she does line up, with underestimated Sharjah, we have a belting race.

Last edited:
Going off at a slight tangent...

I did a neanderthal sectional analysis of her last win against Supasundae and concluded that I would fancy Apple's Jade "to win any jumps race at any trip against any opposition", I believe were the words I used.

Yesterday served to firm up that belief. In fact, if she turned up in the Ebor or Ascot Gold Cup I'd fancy her to win.

This is what I'm wondering...

Are we witnessing the best NH mare of all time?

Back