The Road To The 2021 Champion Hurdle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn t have her on my minđ for the chamion hurdle. I RECKON IT WAS MORE A CASE OF OTHERS BEING WAY BELOw their best and that have all haď enough chances to prove they are ip to ut...Sharjah ??? TBH i have my doubts about winning the mares against the jt fav who looks a class above her
Reckon it was just the case of anothe, small field, uncompetitive Irish gd1, where most of the bunch were out for a blow. Be highly surpised if her jumping stands the test of an half-decent CH.

Last edited:
Given the talent he's had in that yard that's under achieving but the main point is he can't keep them sound. Bob's Worth was pretty much gone the year after his big win and Long Run didnt have a very long career - esp when you compare him to similar sort of very precocious chasers like Kauto and Bristol DM.

loads of horses fall off fast after winning or running big in a gold cup. mentioning kauto does nothing for your point either given he's probably the biggest exception to the norm in the history of jumps racing in terms of talent combined with longevity.

i wouldn't put henderson up with someone like nicholls in terms of training staying chasers but i wouldn't call his training of them "wank" either.

In my opinion anything over evens on Honeysuckle is value -she is a winning machine who fooled us all into thinking she was lucky last March.Will be my biggest bet ever at the festival.

We'll find out tonorrow if Gary Moore declares Goshen for the handicap hurdle at Huntington on Thursday. I seem to be the only one who hasn't totally written off his chance next month yet.

Last edited:
Ah scrap that.

He's not entered in it anymore. I take it the meeting has been abandoned.

Last edited:
In my opinion anything over evens on Honeysuckle is value -she is a winning machine who fooled us all into thinking she was lucky last March.Will be my biggest bet ever at the festival.

Henry De Brom is going to be the death of you!

Last edited:
Hope she wins for you Luke, but hope you're not going overboard on the strength of her recent win. For mine; she was never seriously challenged, and beat 2 which were probably unsuited by the ground, anyway.

Hope she wins for you Luke, but hope you're not going overboard on the strength of her recent win. For mine; she was never seriously challenged, and beat 2 which were probably unsuited by the ground, anyway.

I agree with this.

I think the race is quite open myself, despite what the market is telling you. I always want to take Honeysuckle on though, and obviously haven’t managed to do so successfully yet :lol:

Im still convinced Abacadabras was the one to take out that race. Money on the day will be the telling bit. He was hammered for the Supreme.

Henry De Brom is going to be the death of you!

Stable has been very good to me over the years but if he doesn’t win at least one of the big 3 races at the festival this year I will be having a bad week.

Maries Rock County as discussed earlier, and Call Me Lord Coral Cup. Hendo has been messing with them both all season.

Im still convinced Abacadabras was the one to take out that race. Money on the day will be the telling bit. He was hammered for the Supreme.
Yeah, the horse hasn't been off all year and somewhat lucked into the Mogiana. Agree money on the day will be huge esp with 4 places being paid

Unibet Champion Hurdle – Tuesday, 16 March
Abacadabras
Aspire Tower
Ballyandy
Buveur d'Air
Buzz
Coeur Sublime
For Pleasure
Goshen
James du Berlais
Jason The Militant
Not So Sleepy