The Road to the Grand National 2018

Aye, that one still hurts, Danny.

Wasn't my biggest bet in the race but was one of my 'A-Team' of three (the others were Chicago Grey and Giles Cross).

More likely to do with the latest scratchings rather than a gamble.

Still very much on my radar and likely to be longer on Saturday morning with more in the way of place offerings.

“Baie Des Iles could end up being our worst result,” Rupert Adams, a spokesman for William Hill, said on Tuesday. “She will love the ground, is a grey and most importantly has Katie Walsh on board. It is a possible perfect storm.”

It looks like you're right, chaps

RP reporting a plunge on Baie Des Iles, 50/1 yesterday, now no bigger than 20/1.

Got no chance has it ?

Both Kevin Blake & Paul Kealy have tipped it in the last 24hrs.

The two which finished in front of it LTO ran well in the Irish Nash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier in the week I was thinking Vintage Clouds would struggle to get in. I'm half wondering whether Hemmings will pull his couple of others out to try and get Vintage in. Would he be privy to the information before the decision I.e know how many have come out at the next stage before it's actually official ?

Earlier in the week I was thinking Vintage Clouds would struggle to get in. I'm half wondering whether Hemmings will pull his couple of others out to try and get Vintage in. Would he be privy to the information before the decision I.e know how many have come out at the next stage before it's actually official ?

Might as well take vincente out because of the going.

Every cloud and all that though so I've been backing two horses for the past couple of weeks because of it.

Raz De Maree at 50s multiple times and Vintage Clouds from 75 on the exchange down to 50s with Hills this week. The latter isn't NRNB but I see no reason why the horse will be pulled and it is money back if he's balloted out. If he does run he'll be much shorter than 50/1 on the day with conditions in his favour and will be my strongest fancy in this race for years. I'll be absolutley gutted if he fails to make the cut.

Anibale Fly and Total Recall of the shorties complete my A team in these conditions, having gone off the likes of Gold Present, Tiger Roll and Vicente due to the ground - despite retaining ante post interests in them throught the year with the odd free £25 here and there.

I've never known a season like it for bad going, literally from November onwards it's been desperate everywhere!

Indeed. All through this winter I've been looking forward to Cheltenham and Aintree for some good-ground racing. It just hasn't happened.

Even worse is that it also looks like being a long, wet, cold summer :(

Bet365 have launched their usual 1/2 stakes back on each way bets offer. Best bookie promo in horse racing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is an excellent promo and they're creating an e/w extra market tomorrow from 14:00 that will allow you to take 10 places and the promo applies to bets struck on that too.

Could be great but obviously depends on just how much they cut the prices.

Touchy exactly the kind of jockey-booking you like to see, if you are a backer of arrant rogue Minella Rocco in the Nash.

Back