The Road to the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2014

Does Kingston Hill definitely go for the Arc? With doubts over some of them, I'd say his chance is looking better. The ground should be in his favour, he's relatively fresh and he's run one poor race all year although I'd say that had more to do with the jockey being in the wrong place (Sandown). OK he will be dismissed as a plodder now he has won the Leger but I think he's a proper 1m4f horse and he's by Master Craftsman who should put enough speed in there.

The plan is the Arc if coming out of his race ok. He's certainly no plodder which some believe. Granted enough pace and some ease, he could run well. Not sure the leger is the best prep though.

I was French racing on LeTurf which usually have no commentary. I didn't realise Ectot had joined Man City racing.

Certainly splashing the cash.

He's obviously not gonna get off Ectot after that. Lucky spare then on Avenir Certain.

looked like treve hung a bit. i'd bet she doesn't even run in the arc.

race looks such a puzzle atm. think i'll just back gold ship and hope he's in the mood. :ninja:

Very good two fingers up to Criquette ride by DEttori on Ruler of the World - I hope AOB runs something else for Joseph to ride .

Ectot did he idle or was he tiring ?

Treve was sent Australia wide and flattened out again . I suspect there is something still troubling her physically . Pomology ran an absolute blinder and would have preferred a much better pace - she looks to have a great chance in the fillies and mares race on Champions Day

Sounds like trainer would still like to run her.

Would be nice if she actually got her ground. Just wonder if that brutal race with Cirrus first up this season finished her.
Her price though is baffling.

No fingers up to Criquette, pls. She's got empathy with the racehorse like Murless & Cecil & pragmatic in business, that's French. Treve don't look so good.
Dolniya looks good for anything Arc weekend. Like to see Chicquita win, but she's capable, with Joseph she's scary.
ATR today - Mark Johnson, Jason Weaver & guy from timeform, no less said they never heard of Ectot b4 this week - turn their lights out, change the channel.

Barring accidents (Orfevre style), Harp Star is a wheelbarrow job for this now. Nothing today impressed me and the only danger is Avenir IMO. Given Harp Star has beat a very very good older colt already (when half cooked) and is proven at the trip (Avenir falls down on both), Harp Star should be fav.

Real soft ground (unlikely given summer and history despite anecdotal bollocks spouted) would mix things up a bit though.

Last edited:
i loved the going description at Longchamp....not much point having one really..as they don't seem to know what good/firm means

The Niel was the 2nd fastest running in last 36 years......146.36 seconds

the median Going over the last 20 years is Good..and median time 150.90 seconds

so..only 4.5 seconds faster than Good

20 left in the event. Australia and Free Eagle taken out.

Al Kazeem still in but also entered at Newbury plus some yaks that shouldn't be running like Montviron, Free Port Lux and Siljan's Saga. Suspect 16/17 will go to post.

Harp Star does not get beat.

Last edited:
20 left in the event. Australia and Free Eagle taken out.

Al Kazeem still in but also entered at Newbury plus some yaks that shouldn't be running like Montviron, Free Port Lux and Siljan's Saga. Suspect 16/17 will go to post.

Harp Star does not get beat.

Do you always have your bollocks on one in this race?! I'll have to have to back it now.

It'll be like a road. Weather forecast to be good all week and they've not had any rain for a while either.

Slim, I seem to. Just find the Japanese contenders don't get spotted early on by the firms when they are sure fire things to go over for the race so if you ask for a price early on, you get laid overs IMO.

Only one that worries me is Avenir Certain, she looks a decent creature and can't fault her one bit. Will be saving her. Ectot a danger but can't have it at the price, beat a load of mince in the Niel.

Last edited:
Back