The Road to the Queen Mother

Isn't how quickly a horse finishes a race a product of how slowly they'd run earlier - unless your Nick Mordin, of course?
As it is, Kauto Stone (from the 10th) gained less than a second over Roi Du Mee, who went into the race rated two-and-a-half stone inferior to Sizing Europe.

In relation to Noland, I have him three times a better horse which makes him something exceptional, his turn of foot at from the 10th fence to the finish at Down Royal is unparralled by any other at 2M4F, up to 15 seconds faster per section than anything and horse was on the bridle - a sign of quality that without being asked a horse is genetically programmed to understand when to race and when to not = CHAMPION.

Sorry I really have to go, this Virgin train doesn't wait forever, Ill show you what I mean later tonight

Three times a better horse then Noland-how did you work that one out.

Three times a better horse then Noland-how did you work that one out.

9tzabo.jpg

Bruce you confuse me!

Just the other day you posted :

"Fair point Steve, something I overlooked - not really followed the Jumps for long but I'm trying to get into it now so info like this is always helpful.

Cheers!"

...and in the post above you mention : "I decided to take a trip back down memory lane this morning and worked on how I used to get a handle on my Jumpers"

Seems to be some inconsistency there and I am forced to ask "do you have an alter ego?":confused:

Couple of other posts that have been overlooked..

Ah, the pitfalls of sectional analysis. You've used a sectional from the fourth last to the last fence to highlight Kauto Stone's speed, but have failed to notice that the fourth last was moved by upwards of a quarter of a mile between renewals! The figures are therefore pointless.

Had a few mins the other day and got the videos out. Nothing impressed me more than Wihfull Thinking. He's a wonderful jumper and I think 2m could be the making of him. He was positevley running out Johnson's hands throughout at Aintree and the Punchestown form is superb, not only through Blazing Tempo, but look what he did to the very consistent Swing Bill, positively breaking him.

He's already genuinely a mid-160's chaser, and doesn't have a great deal to find to mix it even with the very best. Have backed tomorrow, and in the Champion Chase, and in a double.

Unless Wishfull Thinking is a genuine top-end 2-miler who has been running at the wrong trip, this is a lock for SE.

How do people view Kauto Stone now? 3/1 for a race Nicholls has farmed recently, admittedly with super stars. Could this be another? Will have to jump better than Down Royal on quicker ground too. Looking to take on Sizing who I think had a grueller of a race the last day.

I'm on for £100 win @ 10-1, can someone tell me if there are any rule 4's, I got on at Monday evening and so far we've had Finians Rainbow and Tataniano drop out?

Thanks

How do people view Kauto Stone now? 3/1 for a race Nicholls has farmed recently, admittedly with super stars. Could this be another? Will have to jump better than Down Royal on quicker ground too. Looking to take on Sizing who I think had a grueller of a race the last day.

You could also view it that he comes into the race as a second thought and is only Nicholls sole representative as his other one is injured.

He did nothing wrong on his debut for Nicholls, but a horse that has the reputation of very poor jumping and trying to win from the front won’t do for me in this. While no doubt talented in some respect and an exciting prospect to some he seems ridiculously poor value to me.

Won't be any Rule 4's as it will have been an Ante-Post bet.

Think he'll struggle back down in trip - fail to see anything in his form to suggest he'll be better over shorter and if anything IMHO they should be stepping him up in trip, think the only reason they aren't is because he's still only a 5yo.

Good luck with the bets though :)

Back