The Road to the Queen Mother

For a horse with a reputation of trying to make all that jumps like a pig, I'm surprised KS is so short in the market, although he didn't do a lot wrong on his debut for Nicholls... perhaps they have ironed out his worst faults.

Last edited:
I'm really confident about SE for Saturday. I wish I could have made it down there this year as I love to watch chasers at Sandown.

I'm really confident about SE for Saturday. I wish I could have made it down there this year as I love to watch chasers at Sandown.

He does look the bet, although Wishfull Thinking would be the one for me if anything does surprise him.

Funny how the reliable one with who will and won't be declared is Nicholls, not Henderson...

Nicholls only ever said KS was unlikely to run. He never ruled him out. I think Nicholls has declared Kauto Stone because the forecast is for a fair bit of rain now tonight near London.

Forecast is for Good Chase course. Good with Good to Soft (in places) Hurdles course.

Overcast today, but only showers here and there. Nothing to change the going significantly.

See above. There is a load of rain forecast for the south east tonight. It may only get as far north as Woking, but according to the metoffice, there will be fairly heavy rain in London. I think Nicholls will be kicking himself if it comes up soft and he hasn't got KS in.

...yes that no doubt explains the logic. I wouldn't expect the going to be much worse than Good come Saturday though.

Nicholls only ever said KS was unlikely to run. He never ruled him out. I think Nicholls has declared Kauto Stone because the forecast is for a fair bit of rain now tonight near London.

See above. There is a load of rain forecast for the south east tonight. It may only get as far north as Woking, but according to the metoffice, there will be fairly heavy rain in London. I think Nicholls will be kicking himself if it comes up soft and he hasn't got KS in.

Barry, the ground will not be soft, regardless of the rain (which still hasn't happened). Little time for it to rain enough and get into the ground.

...yes that no doubt explains the logic. I wouldn't expect the going to be much worse than Good come Saturday though.

My thoughts exactly.

My oversimplified view of the race

Tataniano - the worst horse ever to have a 169 rating, could run well if he gets into a nice rhythm but I think he is around 7-8 pounds at least below Sizing Europe.
Wishfull Thinking - they don't seem to have a plan for this horse, not a 2 miler.
Kauto Stone - little chance.

Sizing Europe should win, and win well. If he goes to 2/1, can you tell yourself he really only has a 1 in 3 chance of winning?

Trip is still too short form him, Bar, even with further rain.

He's in against proper 2milers (for the main part) on Saturday, and he didn't have the toe for 20f on Heavy ground as a hurdler. He's a better chaser than a hurdler, but that's been coupled with him being upped to 2m6f and beyond.

I have a fair bit of time for the horse, but expect him to be thoroughly exposed by quicker animals at the weekend.

From the information I've found, I have Kauto Stone showing some exceptional qualities that made him a stand out bet at 10/1.

Currently editing the thread but will post the updated findings after I've finished my 5 hour train journey!

Enjoy your day

From the information I've found, I have Kauto Stone showing some exceptional qualities that made him a stand out bet at 10/1.

You may be looking at the race record of a horse called Kauto Star. ;)

You will find nothing in Kauto Stone's race record to suggest he is a standout bet at any odds over a bare 2m.

You may be looking at the race record of a horse called Kauto Star. ;)

You will find nothing in Kauto Stone's race record to suggest he is a standout bet at any odds over a bare 2m.

In relation to Noland, I have him three times a better horse which makes him something exceptional, his turn of foot at from the 10th fence to the finish at Down Royal is unparralled by any other at 2M4F, up to 15 seconds faster per section than anything and horse was on the bridle - a sign of quality that without being asked a horse is genetically programmed to understand when to race and when to not = CHAMPION.

Sorry I really have to go, this Virgin train doesn't wait forever, Ill show you what I mean later tonight

You could wheel Stephen Hawking in to help you, Bruce, and you still won't be able to demonstrate that Kauto Stone is a 2-miler. I fear you would be as well howling at the moon.

Back