The Stayer's Hurdle

Nick Mordin is very sweet on Tidal Bay from his article in the Irish Field. I think he said he would be unbeaten over hurdles if he hadn't been taking off a straight line in the novice at Cheltenham (don't remember it myself).

Even if he had won that race at the Festival (as well as Massini's Maguire beating him there Wichita Lineman also beat him at Cheltenham in January so already he's wrong) it was only against an average bunch of novices. Karabak's opponents in his Baring Bingham read a lot stronger from a form point of view.

That's as far as Mourad has gone to date. He stayed all the way and if they could tidy up his jumping he could give it a good rattle.

He duly wins again. Great to see him still enjoying his racing

six years since he was second in the Supreme. Great to see him win again. He's in fine form and jumps hurdles well. It will be interesting if the handicapper gives him a chance in the National. I think a few might take him on in the World hurdle but he's got plenty of gears and will love the better ground. Not without a shout of a place.

I think the handicapper will throw them a bone, they want the better horses to run. What would you think connections would run off? 11-02?

Big Bucks 176+
Diamond Harry 165p
Fair Along 160d
Karabak 164p
Sentry Duty 166p
Tidal Bay 159+
Time For Rupert 159p
War Of Attrition 155

Big Bucks well clear for me and Karabak the most likely to be second, if something happened with the favorite and were a non runner horses like Diamond Harry and Punchestowns could be tempted to be rerouted from nov chase to this race.

You'd hope Ruby would make more use of him at the trip next time.

I think it was a good prep run.He was probably ridden how they will ride him at Chelt. The hill at Navan is a b'tard and he got up it well. He's improving as they go up in trip. He and WOA will appreciate the better ground too.

Ive no idea what the top rating entered is but thinking about it his recent form would entitle him to run off 11st or thereabouts. I cant really see him getting less.

24 left in the world hurdle at the latest stage. Here they are:

BALLYFITZ
BIG BUCK'S
CAPE TRIBULATION
COUSIN VINNY
EBADIYAN
ELZAHANN
FAIR ALONG
FIULIN
GONE TO LUNCH
JUMBO RIO
KARABAK
KATCHIT
KAYF ARAMIS
LIE FORRIT
MOURAD
MR THRILLER
OSCAR DAN DAN
PETTIFOUR
POWERSTATION
ROYAL AND REGAL
SENTRY DUTY
TIDAL BAY
TIME FOR RUPERT
WAR OF ATTRITION

Any worries about the faster ground for Big Buck's?

I am fancying Tidal Bay more and more.

Any opinions on Sentry Duty getting the trip?

Big Bucks will win. I have backed both Tidal Bay and Time For Rupert in the market without. Racing UK showed some replays of Time For Rupert tonight and he must be about the gamest horse in training - hopefully the quicker ground will not find him out tomorrow.

A watching race for me tomorrow. Don't have any strong opinions on any of them. Big Bucks may not be invincible

If I had one wish it would be that WOA runs a big race

If I had one wish it would be that WOA runs a big race

I adore Big Bucks but War Of Attrition has given me some of my best days racing. You will hear me shouting if he gets anywhere near the Winner's Enclosure at Prestbury Park again. Mind you,just having him back there at all is a pleasure, and a credit to his connections who took much stick for bringing him back following his injury. I just want him home safe. :<3:

I'm amazed out how far under the radar Karabak has slipped. He's barely mentioned in the run-up to the race and I think Alan King has an unhealthy obsession with his stable companion. I've always thought Big Buck's was the most solid of Nicholls big three but Karabak should chase him home ahead of the overrated Tiday Bay and a few handicappers.

If Big Bucks does not win this then the bookies might start to think about taking on the front two in the Gold Cup market.

The layers on Betfair are getting greedy now. But Poquelin and Master Minded were unjustifiably short on what they had achieved this season. Big Bucks is not and 1.96 is too big.

Nicholls is really having a torrid time, the nerves will be eating me up tommorrow if BB doesn't win this :/.

Back