The Totegoldtrophy/Betfred trophy/Betfair Hurdle

Probably just the Betfair Hurdle I'd imagine Euro - there are other options for the 3m Chasers later this month and the rest are run of the mill handicaps (bar the Bumper which is never saved).

martin

The rest are run of the mill handicaps

There is only one handicap on the card which is the 3m handicap hurdle.

The card is as follows:

2m Novice Hurdle
2m4f G1 Novice Chase (Scilly Isles, rearranged from Sandown)
3m Handicap Hurdle
3m G2 Chase
2m G2 Chase
2m G3 Handicap Hurdle
3m Novice Chase
Listed Bumper.

No idea what would get rearranged but there must be a fair chance the whole card would be re-staged I would have thought . . .

It is an absolutely corking card in prospect. Entries are right out the top drawer - http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/meeting_of_cards.sd?crs_id=36&r_date=2012-02-11.

The course isn't frozen at the moment and all the snow (only 1cm there) has already melted. The only doubt is whether it is cold enough on Friday night for the frost to get into the ground and warm enough to get the covers off on Saturday morning.

I will be gutted if it's off because it looks a smashing afternoon in prospect. Here's hoping.

The course isn't frozen at the moment and all the snow (only 1cm there) has already melted. The only doubt is whether it is cold enough on Friday night for the frost to get into the ground and warm enough to get the covers off on Saturday morning.

I will be gutted if it's off because it looks a smashing afternoon in prospect. Here's hoping.

Agree

I rather suspect Get Me Out of Here will be placed at least judging by his run against Oscar Whisky.

Surely, if Zarkandar doesn't win this easily off 151 he cannot improve enough in time for the CH ?

The Betfair Hurdle was not rescheduled after being frozen-off in 2006 when Briareus was a handicap snip off 131 or therabouts. :(

The weather forecast seems to have taken a bit of a turn for the better, I'm suprised the meeting is still odds against to go ahead on BF.

'Yes' has been well supported into 1.70 (last price matched) from a high of 2.20. 'No' has been on the drift out to 2.28 (last price matched) from a low of 1.40.

Let us just hope that the market is right. The course itself appears as positive as you could expect given there is some obvious doubt.

Really hope it survives the entire meeting looks top drawer.

Leaning towards First Intention as an outsider who could run a big race

He could be a handicap snip

He definitely ran below his best in the Triumph but gets 9lbs which he wouldn't be getting if he had run up to his best at Cheltenham IMO

as trainers quotes carry so much weight.."Zarkander will come on a bundle".. is in todays RP...looks a really poor value favourite to me if thats the case...half fit horses don't win schweppes hurdles..in fact exactly the opposite

as trainers quotes carry so much weight.."Zarkander will come on a bundle".. is in todays RP...looks a really poor value favourite to me if thats the case...half fit horses don't win schweppes hurdles..in fact exactly the opposite

He's sure to come on for the race but he'll be more than ready to do himself justice.

Also, might I draw you to the following comment made about Hold Fast before he bolted up at Sandown after a massive gamble:

"He looks handicapped to the hilt to me, and just a 1lb drop in the weights since Newbury is probably not enough to see us confident of success here."

Cue a drift, followed by a gamble, followed by an easy win.

I'm not saying they are trying the same trick (or that they were even trying the trick the last time) but it's a possibility.

He's sure to come on for the race but he'll be more than ready to do himself justice.

Also, might I draw you to the following comment made about Hold Fast before he bolted up at Sandown after a massive gamble:

"He looks handicapped to the hilt to me, and just a 1lb drop in the weights since Newbury is probably not enough to see us confident of success here."

Cue a drift, followed by a gamble, followed by an easy win.

I'm not saying they are trying the same trick (or that they were even trying the trick the last time) but it's a possibility.

fitness is priority in this race...i wouldn't be taking a short price about this..i doubt he is putting people away..but if he is why do trainers quotes get so much creedence on here?...isn't he one of the most honest trainers?..or is there such a thing?

wouldn't touch it with a bargepole mesen..no value..over hyped..and probably only 80% fit

'Yes' has been well supported into 1.70 (last price matched) from a high of 2.20. 'No' has been on the drift out to 2.28 (last price matched) from a low of 1.40.
How do you access that market? I can't see any links at Betfair.

They surely wouldnt run him in a race like this unless he was ready to do himself justice., Of course he is likely to "come on for the race", hes been off a year but if he was really rusty surely it wouldnt be this

anything less than 100% and he won't win imo..this is no gimme...a lot of horses will be 100% lined up for this

i don't see him as a handicap snip anyway..he's only a hype handicap snip based on horses he has beat improving themselves..its pure guesswork if he has improved..and now he is going to come on bundles..bundles..what is that in lbs? :p

Its a bloody hard race most years thats for sure, regardless of what mark they might be on. I was there they day of the Rooster and even that talented tough performer couldnt manage it. My instinct is that its a tough one for a inexperienced horse whos been off too long and cant back at the price

Last edited:
I reckon he'll be as fit as they can get him and all PN is doing is preping the owner for a disappointemt.

Why would they miss a chance to have him 100% for this and grab a very good prize?

Option is to send him here unfit then get him ready and go up against Hurricane Fly who looks near impossible to beat?

That just doesn't make any sense.

Never did Punjabi any harm when he finished 2nd carrying top weight.

48 Hour declarations for the Betfair Hurdle are below in betting order:
2. Zarkandar 3-1f
7. Darlan 9-1
14. Raya Star 9-1
4. Final Approach 12-1
6. Soldatino 12-1
17. Olofi 12-1
9. Sire De Grugy 14-1
11. Third Intention 14-1
12. Empire Levant 14-1
3. Get Me Out Of Here 20-1
13. Alarazi 20-1
16. Ciceron 25-1
1. Brampour 33-1
8. Via Galilei 33-1
15. Ubi Ace 33-1
18. Rigidity 33-1
19. Ericht 33-1
5. Marsh Warbler 40-1
10. Desert Cry 40-1
20. Abergavenny 40-1
22. Double Ross 40-1
21. Attaglance 50-1

Hopefully the meeting will go ahead as this race and the two group races look top class!

Back