The Well Worn Road To The Champion Hurdle (2016)

Two things.

1. Faugheen - awesome
2. The 2 mile hurdlers on this sign of the pond are utter shite.

Hargam ran well there. If Nicky gets P&C right, a big if I'll concede, he'll be a decent each poke on the day

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

The New One looked as fat as I've seen him today. Can't see any way he reverses with Faugheen but he'll be a lot better next time out. I don't see why they'd up him trip as I just can't see him staying three miles. The Aintree Hurdle should be his target.

Faugheen looked heaps better than when he was turned over last time. Very impressive the way he put the race to bed in a matter of strides.

they'll surely reroute tno

mullins 10s on to win the ch. has the 3 best horses.

TNO has been properly handicapped it seems as they dropped him to 162 after last season CH and this run confirms his decline from 167.

My first three for the CH are Top Notch(he pulls when he gets in front but has loads of ability and could be the one who gives F the most to do), Arctic Fire and Identity Thief. I hope TN and IT will give Faugheen the proper pace he needs to reach the 180 level(and Ruby rides him to the line). I think the price for Identity Thief is right in the Ryanair Hurdle, but I think many will be surprised if he'll win. AF and NC proper rivals but don't be surprised if you'll see IT coming home in front.

Speaking of, EC1, any mentions of the time sectionals they did in the Christmas Hurdle ?

Last edited:
fat or not he jumped the last two awfully Maruco..as soon as he was asked to quicken his jumping fell apart..its just daft keep asking him against the best at 2 miles. his trainer is very stubborn

yes..2.5m is right for him..don't bother with the CH..just aim him at Aintree

no mentions of them Aughex..i'll do me own later and then can then compare em to the last 10 years worth..not worth posting em as folk find em boring

Not that boring if they were slower than the novices earlier in the card :p Ground similar to last year do you think ?

He won't win a World Hurdle either imo but worth a go I suppose. Though yes Aintree his best chance.

If you're his owner you'd give him another go in the CH, a 2nd to Faugheen is far more prestigious than trailing home in the WH. Otherwise skip the festival and go for Aintree but thats not his best trip, almost got beat by Diakali 2 yaers ago and would face far more serious horses this time around.

No I meant the thinking of the owner/trainer, they could say: ok he might not win but he could get second which would look better behind Faugheen than a 2nd 3rd in the WH. As for my thinking I gave my 1-2-3 for CH above, TNO's not in there.

Back