The Well Worn Road To The Champion Hurdle (2016)

Just managed to snaffle some 7/2 about Arctic Fire for the CH in the without market at Ladbrokes.

Now 4/1 :( :blink:

Last edited:
i'd rather just back a fast trappingT1 at Sheffield tomorrow at 7/2 Wilson than even bother putting money on the race..its just a watch and enjoy job.

Last edited:
??

There are a host of worse bets in the AP market than that.

He finished a clear 2nd last year and faces a lesser field this year with no Hurricane. Faugheen has the race sown up but Henderson's horses have a lot to prove, The New One has no chance and today's race gives a line that shows Arctic Fire has the beating of Nichols Canyon and Identity thief.

You could argue that too much use was made of Nichols but he ran below par at the festival last year and there's no way I can see him turning the tables on Arctic Fire in March - in fact Nichols may even skip the race.

I'm already invested in Faugheen at shades over evens but for those that aren't the 4/1 represents cracking value IMO.

The 4/1 Arctic Fire W/O each way is the greatest bet of all time.

Last edited:
The 4/1 Arctic Fire W/O each way is the greatest bet of all time.

Ya I was on that today as well as the Forecast at just under 4/1 too.

NC had an incredibly hard race at Christmas.

On Irish tv here Mullins said Faugheen missed the last because he saw Ricci's suit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Means he can finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th if Faugheen wins. Which is a near certainty.

Price now 3/1 though. Must be Slim's cash !

Last edited:
Do you really think he is that good? I don't

As I said back on the 15th of November Nicholls Canyon isn't even worth a mention for the Champion Hurdle and today the jockey on Arctic Fire never gave the horse a chance.

Faugheen is very good but he is being flattered in these joke races.

Mark my words he won't find Peace and Co so obliging and he better bring his best game to the table.

its only 5/2 on betfair to win without Faugheen:)...who is offering the 2nd 3rd and 4th as well?..they must be complete utter idiots

i thought you meant it had to finish 2nd to faugheen..they will go skint very quickly offering 2nd 3rd or 4th

EC the 4/1 (now 3s) is simply taking Faugheen out of the race. So it becomes a normal e/w bet (but ignoring the jolly)

Do you really think he is that good? I don't

As I said back on the 15th of November Nicholls Canyon isn't even worth a mention for the Champion Hurdle and today the jockey on Arctic Fire never gave the horse a chance.

Faugheen is very good but he is being flattered in these joke races.

Mark my words he won't find Peace and Co so obliging and he better bring his best game to the table.

he just beat Arct Fire by 15 lengths Tanlic..how is that flattering?..Nichols Canyon beaten 28 lengths..there isn't another hurdler out there that could beat those 2 so easily. Nichols Canyon got beat so easy because he mixed it with Faugheen..Arctic Fire was perfectly positioned to show his best..still got arse handed to him...how is anything goint to beat him?

he just beat Arct Fire by 15 lengths Tanlic..how is that flattering?..Nichols Canyon beaten 28 lengths..there isn't another hurdler out there that could beat those 2 so easily. Nichols Canyon got beat so easy because he mixed it with Faugheen..Arctic Fire was perfectly positioned to show his best..still got arse handed to him...how is anything goint to beat him?

PandC will have nearly 20lb to find

I don't see how Faugheen would have to be at his best to beat him.

While watching the race I thought Mullins let them get too far away from him then had to use up his horse to get back into a challenging position and the minute Ruby kicked it was all over.

As far as Nichols Canyon goes I marked his card on the 15th of November when I said he wouldn't even tun in the Champion Hurdle and now possibly wont.

Anyone who takes the 10/1 on offer now needs to call the men in white coats.

We have seen this a hundred times Go Native and Starluck spring to mind both beating Binocular early season but on the day they never saw the way he went.

I thought the Jezki era was poor but this is a pathetic time for 2 mile hurdlers and unless Nicky Henderson can get Peace n Co there and possibly MTOY it's going to be the worse Champion in history.

20lb+..+..a very large slice of faith

to me..todays performance has to be the best hurdling performance in a number of years on the ratings

Really I have to disagree. Arctic Fire is in and out like a yo yo and NC is not in the same county as a true CH contender

Last edited:
Really I have to disagree. Arctic Fire is in and out like a yo yo and NC is not in the same county as a true CH contender

you mean multiple G1 winner Nicols Canyon..OHR 160..and Arctic Fire rated 169..who he just beat like they were B class handicappers.

Arctic Fire is anything but in and out at 2 miles..his form reads at 2 miles..3421233222..would be even better if he hadn't faced Faugheen...including being the current Champion Hurdler. He's certainly never had his arse handed to him by any horse like this over 2 miles...even faugheen in the past hasn't pasted him this bad.

not seeing how its anything but exceptional form..backed up by a very fast time.

if you aren't impressed with a win like that then you are going to see most races as disappointing tbh

Back