The Well Worn Road To The Champion Hurdle (2016)

His price in coming back in again but all the idiots jumping on the bandwagon have managed to do is shorten Altior's price and will the bookies push him back out as they contract Min ?. Will they fook.

Throw a blanket over these and they are nearly all covered ratings wise; a 7 lb spread covers the most of them.
Better than that they have earned and run consistently to their ratings.
This now has to be the race of the week with so little between the participants; Nicky, Paul and Nigel will be salivating at the prospect of a CH win for GB.
Nicky has five contenders still has he not ?
He will surely find a pacemaker among them.
I am beyond caring who wins the race but boy am I looking forward to a competitive race where literally anyone can win.

no..but you clearly need them with how you started this up with.

i'm trying to nip this in the bud..like i said..get over it and pack in with the digs..its up to you Luke

I will leave it go but I think you are 5/6 to have another major falling out with someone before Aintree-you just can't deal with dissenting opinions.

Two decent warm ups for the Gold Cup, if only Clive Brittain , Paul Kelleway or Oliver Brady trained him we would be in business !

That base is already covered edgt. He can though have a pootle round in the Ryanair.

Mullins has confirmed Min is 100% fit. BUT the RP didn't ask him what race he may be aimed at... Grade A Reporting as ever.

In 19 races in Ireland/England he has a 1.01 & 1.02 in running defeats-I'm sure from an ownership perspective he could be the horse of a lifetime but from a punting perspective he often disappoints.

Arctic Fire is a decent horse - IMO the best of a bad bunch - but it'd be a grim year for the race if he, Nichols Canyon or Identity Thief can win.

There's only one horse that has the potential to maintain or perhaps even elevate the history of the race and that is Annie Power.

It may have been 3 years ago but she took on the boys over 2 miles in her novice campaign and left the likes of Don Cossack, Defy Logic, The Tullow Tank and Moscow Mannon for dead. Maybe the best of those were embryonic chasers but she improved herself from thereon too.

Last edited:
In 19 races in Ireland/England he has a 1.01 & 1.02 in running defeats-I'm sure from an ownership perspective he could be the horse of a lifetime but from a punting perspective he often disappoints.

FFS when he is beaten he is beaten mostly by the very top class horse. Is any horse that gets beat by Faugheen and Huricane Fly a dog?

Just a thought...

What do people reckon are the chances that connections of Faugheen accepted a considerable consideration from the bookies to withdraw Faugheen?

I will go to my grave believing they paid the owners of Barnbrook Again (or whatever it was called) not to run in the Sweeps Hurdle when it was an odds-on good thing.

I don't believe it has happened here but when bookies claim they've 'dodged a bullet' (RP today), I have to say the thought briefly crossed my mind.

Last edited:
Arctic Fire is a decent horse - IMO the best of a bad bunch - but it'd be a grim year for the race if he, Nichols Canyon or Identity Thief can win.

There's only one horse that has the potential to maintain or perhaps even elevate the history of the race and that is Annie Power.

It may have been 3 years ago but she took on the boys over 2 miles in her novice campaign and left the likes of Don Cossack, Defy Logic, The Tullow Tank and Moscow Mannon for dead. Maybe the best of those were embryonic chasers but she improved herself from thereon too.

If any of those win it will still be a much better winner than TNO.

FFS when he is beaten he is beaten mostly by the very top class horse. Is any horse that gets beat by Faugheen and Huricane Fly a dog?

Shu Lewis and Little King Robin ??????
The races he has won haven't been in the highest class -career record 4/19 in Ireland/England -from a financial perspective you would make money being against him pre race or in running.

Can't argue with that but if we have to accept a mediocre winner of the race then, money aside I'd personally prefer to see The New One or Identity Thief win for NTD (for sheer perseverance) or HDB (to compensate for Sizing Europe).

Just a thought...

What do people reckon are the chances that connections of Faugheen accepted a considerable consideration from the bookies to withdraw Faugheen?

I will go to my grave believing they paid the owners of Barnbrook Again (or whatever it was called) not to run in the Sweeps Hurdle when it was an odds-on good thing.

I don't believe it has happened here but when bookies claim they've 'dodged a bullet' (RP today), I have to say the thought briefly crossed my mind.

Conspiracy theory pure and simple.

Shu Lewis and Little King Robin ??????
The races he has won haven't been in the highest class -career record 4/19 in Ireland/England -from a financial perspective you would make money being against him pre race or in running.

I would watch last years Champion again before dismissing him.

Back