The Well Worn Road To The Champion Hurdle (2016)

I'm more concerned that TNO might see enough of them drop-out to have a chance. It would be a travesty if he won a CH, and propped-up NTD's Walter Mittyism.

MTOY on previous form might have enough, if they have fixed his head as well as his legs. He has hardly had an ideal preparation though. Nicholls Canyon might just about be able to concede the weight, though I have my doubts.

MTOY on previous form might have enough, if they have fixed his head as well as his legs. He has hardly had an ideal preparation though. Nicholls Canyon might just about be able to concede the weight, though I have my doubts.

on paper..she looks real hard to beat Grass..even MTOY would have to be his best to give the weight..even then its ?able

that 7lb is immense when you think about it

I feel that Christmas race against Identity Thief scuppered NC chances. Maybe if they hadn't run him so soon against Faugheen but think he left his champion hurdle at Leopardstown.

My Tent not running in the Kingwell suddenly looks wise taking out a bounce factor. My 25/1 looks even better for the 2nd time in a week!! It would be some training performance, Henderson could retire if he managed it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
yep..with the weight allowance..it will take something to run to a 170 to beat her..have we got one that can do that?

She clearly hasn't had the ideal route here. But I can't look elsewhere. Nothing floats my boat.

The mare wins

Last edited:
I'm torn. AP running here buggers up a multiple of mine but the thought of MTOY or TNO winning a Champion Hurdle makes my blood run cold.

its not even a big jump up for a novice any more is it?..its a grade 2 race..yanworth would put some interest back in it Grass...even Min:) wouldn't find it much harder than the supreme..in fact supreme is looking harder:)

Last edited:
Whoever wins it it'll be tainted. They'll talk about winning if the year Faugheen & Artic Fire were ruled out through injury for years to come.

You're right EC, these two injuries just highlight the utter paucity of talent in this division at present. I'm struggling to remember such an uninspiring Champion Hurdle.

I'm not sure about that KA..its very hard to remember who failed to turn up when looking back at past races..Arctic Fire will soon be forgotten as its not a"win" hoss.

Whoever wins it it'll be tainted. They'll talk about winning if the year Faugheen & Artic Fire were ruled out through injury for years to come.

Love the way you give AF a mention :D
I do though like him so good man :ninja:

Has Annie Power ever put up a time to back up her form rating?

I'm going to spend the evening checking what she's actually done to earn 162 to start with...

(I'm not a fan of mares-only form.)

Back