The Well Worn Road To The Champion Hurdle (2016)

and we can do without your snide remarks you fuckwit

I'm quite prepared to call myself Kermit but you won't find me abusing someone so viciously because they have a pop at my opinion. Go set up your own 'NJH can do no wrong' forum Tanlic because comments such as that are just not welcome on here.

Who's a little smart a$$ then?

The horse started the season as 2nd favourite for the Champion Hurdle.

He injured his back and was off for almost a month and was just back in serious work the last time he ran.

Daryl Jacob was disappointed but said he felt he ran well until blowing up and knowing Nicky he'll be a different horse on the day.

Unbeaten as a Juvenile and a winner at the Festival, trained by the man who has had more winners than anyone at the meeting

You discard any horse with that sort of record in a Champion Hurdle of this low calibre then be prepared to look like a muppet

and we can do without your snide remarks you fuckwit

Get a life will you. Were you drunk when you posted this too? Like the L'ami Serge has won zilch remark.

You talking then of me looking like a muppet when you continuously strive to achieve perfection in that here yourself. The comments on Altior being all about speed and a slow run race at Kempton suiting him on one thread counteracted by your opinion an all out gallop in at Cheltenham is what he needs on the next one!! You couldn't make it up.

Deal with the fact P&C isn't anywhere near as good as you thought & don't be showing yourself up. Your making quite a habit of it.

As for the name calling, a 4 year old child resorts to that type of stuff when he doesn't get his own way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
NJH fans will be happy today after Different Gravey's win.

I do take issue with Harchibald being called a hound.

he won 4 Grade 1s after all and barely lost one of the great (exciting ) Champion Hurdles one year after being unplaced in a County Hurdle off 10 stone

14 wins and 21 other placed efforts in 48 starts are not the stats of an ungenuine animal, whatever the grade.

NJH fans will be happy today after Different Gravey's win.

I do take issue with Harchibald being called a hound.

he won 4 Grade 1s after all and barely lost one of the great (exciting ) Champion Hurdles one year after being unplaced in a County Hurdle off 10 stone

14 wins and 21 other placed efforts in 48 starts are not the stats of an ungenuine animal, whatever the grade.

5 Grade 1's edgt... and a Morgiana when it was a Group 2. :cool:

Harchibald leaving Rooster Booster gallop the best part of a furlong ahead of him at Kempton is always worth a watch on YouTube.

Harchibald was a very talented animal, no doubt......but there is equally no doubt he was a flat-track-bully, and bridle-ponce.

True, but that doesn't lessen him in my eyes. He won his Fighting Fifth the same day Denman took his first Hennessy, one of the great days. If he had been an actor he'd have been Oliver Reed.

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

I was at Dundalk about eight years ago when Harchibald won on the AW,hardly broke sweat and I thought he was on the way back, sadly not. Can still see him cruising after the last hurdle in the 2005 CH and then refusing to go by Hardy Eustace.

The image of Harchibald head high in the air, Carberry's arse even higher trying to showboat home!
I was in the stand level with the last in that Champion Hurdle.

Last edited:
I know that Grassy !
Mind you, when he won in Dundalk Declan McDonogh gave him one or two around the west end.
Connections were mindful that it may have been a bit ott but Tommy Carberry thought it was good to educate the horse as to what a whip was for !

Paul Carberrys book was a good read on this.

He said that Meade was off with him but another day when he did follow orders showed that he was right to hold onto the hoss

Paul Carberrys book was a good read on this.

He said that Meade was off with him but another day when he did follow orders showed that he was right to hold onto the hoss

That would be his race right after the Champion Hurdle against Brave Inca I think? Absolutely cruising then just said stuff it.

Hard to believe it was the same horse when he won his 2 fighting fifths and the Xmas hurdle when he was game as a pebble in cutting down R. Booster

This from NTD today, referencing The New One in the 2014 Champion Hurdle:

"He was on the floor going down the back, he lost at least 10 lengths."

He was watching a different race to me.

Back