The Will Win (Last Stand) Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Leopardstown 6.45
Madhmoon

Dead 8 runners makes this is an e/w max but I've bet it win only.

Well done, Slim. I had a go when Gary O'Brien said he was pick of the ring.

(And happy birthday, by the way)

Is it just me or are the O’Brien’s doing terribly this season albeit by their own high standards. Very strange altogether.

Aidan has £3.5m in England and €4m in Ireland so far this year. Joseph is second to Aidan in the Irish table with €2m, and Aidan's second to John Gosden in the British table.

I don't think that's terrible by anyone's standards, even if he's had plenty of better years.

ref: Mahdmoon. Opinions needed please from our form wonks.

He looked gorgeous in the paddock, ran green and once he worked it all out he really quickened away from an odds on favourite who in turn quickened away from the 3rd. I was really, really impressed. Am I over evaluating what I think in time will prove to be a very good maiden?

Heard you couldn’t sit down for a week when you got back from Bumgaria:whistle:

You must have an incredible boring and sad life. To barely post on here, and then find it necessary to jump on here every time a certain poster is active to make your comments is more than a bit pathetic.

Do you enjoy coming across as a childish troll?

Last edited:
Madhmoon's (9-5) official time was exactly 4 seconds slower than Pincheck (9-7) in the Desmond Stakes. As far as I can make out virtually all of that difference is due to a faster early pace in the Gr3 race, and Pincheck and co were already roughly 4 seconds up on the 2yos leaving the back straight. From the 4f marker on both races were run in a similar time.

Four seconds is a lot, it equates in last night's conditions to around 25 lengths.

Was slower than the fillies maiden won by a 73 rated 3yr old so doesn't say much for those behind the winner in the maiden,infact you may get those behind it going off false prices now and worth taking on..

You must have an incredible boring and sad life. To barely post on here, and then find it necessary to jump on here every time a certain poster is active to make your comments is more than a bit pathetic.

Do you enjoy coming across as a childish troll?

It would be worse if I didn't know exactly who he is. He gets tired of trolling the Betfair forum all the time.

ref: Mahdmoon. Opinions needed please from our form wonks.

He looked gorgeous in the paddock, ran green and once he worked it all out he really quickened away from an odds on favourite who in turn quickened away from the 3rd. I was really, really impressed. Am I over evaluating what I think in time will prove to be a very good maiden?

I don't think we'll see him again this year.

Last edited:
Scottish League Cup

Tomorrow

Kilmarnock (at home) to beat Sevco 16/5

Stevie Clarke is doing a terrific job at Killie and Sevco are being entirely unjustifiably bummed up by the Ibrox-facing Scottish media just as they were in the early days of the tenures of McCoist, Warburton, Caixhina and Murty. The Ibrox tribute band are a very, very ordinary lot of unwanted journeyman chancers and will do well to finish above Kilmarnock in the league. For me, Killie should be favourites for this tie but you never really know what kind of "honest mistakes" the referee and his assistants will make.

PS

I do miss Honest Tom and especially his Masonic Index :(

Last edited:
Back