The Will Win Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think its in the spirit of the thread that you plays devils advocate with every selection put up on here. I've yet to see you post a selection of any substance.

It's the classic percentage call, Slim. Someone puts up a 7/2 shot. Let's say the price is wrong, that it should be 5/2. To say you don't think it will win is siding with a 2/5 shot and you can smarm to all and sundry if it doesn't win.

It's the classic percentage call, Slim. Someone puts up a 7/2 shot. Let's say the price is wrong, that it should be 5/2. To say you don't think it will win is siding with a 2/5 shot and you can smarm to all and sundry if it doesn't win.

That out of the way, I believe that Tuamhain will get beat based on an breeding analysis I do. I do not want to see anyone lose money, and I think that a trade is the best option, after all most are on at bigger prices. I am sure I will get a lot of criticism for saying this, after the reault is known. I am not afraid to try and save money for members though.

I posted that about the previous selection, at no point afterwards did I "smarm" about it. As I said in that post, I would get a lot of criticism, if it lost, but only by people who pass judgement after events, like you have. I have checked back and I see there were no comments aimed at myself, by you, when I was right, why the digs now?

I felt I could save people money by pointing out what I see as a negative, I now see that's not appreciated so will in future, not pass comment.

That would appear to be a long time between drinks Slim. I usually do 6 or 7 bets a month and in the last 2 years have had 187 wagers resulting in 131 wins and a very nice profit taking early prices. How long do you go between bets Slim?.

Where are these winners you were going to post?

Until you've demonstrated you know what you're talking about, nobody has any interest in what you have to say.

Crabbing other people's selections is poor form, and as DO says you are basically tipping a long odds on shot.

Where are these winners you were going to post?

Until you've demonstrated you know what you're talking about, nobody has any interest in what you have to say.

Crabbing other people's selections is poor form, and as DO says you are basically tipping a long odds on shot.

From Day 2, Strongest Bet thread, at Cheltenham, Willoughby Court is a great bet today i think.

I'm sorry that's the only winner I've posted from about 8 selections, but my posted selections still show a profit on here due to that winner. I didn't realize that a member only got took notice of when he had reached a certain level of profitability. Is there a list of each member's profit and loss somewhere so I know who is worth listening to?

I didn't realize this, I'm sorry for causing you the need to chastise me, I didn't know this was the criterion used to measure worth of opinion. I don't want to upset anyone in future so will be careful what I post.

Last edited:
1 from 8 is some way below your advertised 70pc strike rate.

Why don't you start your own thread and keep your selections and your inane drivel on there?

1 from 8 is some way below your advertised 70pc strike rate.

Why don't you start your own thread and keep your selections and your inane drivel on there?

1 from 8 is very good so long as a profit is made isn't it? I didn't think I was posting inane drivel, are you really in a position to tell members what to do though? I'm surprised you think that is an appropriate way to address other people.

I won't post again on here BennyB, there is far too much animosity for my liking.

To be fair JM, this isn't a thread for disagreeing with somebody's selection and never has been. By all means question on what basis they're putting it up (info etc.) if they've been vague but I'd suggest leaving it at that.

But if and when the selection loses, resort to abuse of medieval standard if you so wish.

My PM box is full of people asking for the return of this thread. I'll admit I took most of my stuff offline for various reasons but there is no reason I can't throw the inferiors on here the odd crumb.

Rules

• Post Winners that are absolute max bet material
  • No Drifters
  • No Opinions
  • No Guessing
  • If you're told to get off my ******* thread, get off my ******* thread

I'm not sure how this can be made clearer. There is plenty of rooms for other threads on the forum.

Wincanton 2:50 - Innocent Girl can't be beat. Four wins from six starts for Harry Fry, handicapper still hasn't got anywhere near to catching up with it. If you can get odds-against take the plunge. A must-include for any doubles tomorrow.

Ps... I reserve all rights not be crucified unless the horse gets beat. Thank you.

Last edited:
Kempton 7.45
Glory To Paris 14/1

Yes an capall, I said FOURTEEN TO ONE.

I know its taking the **** putting up two in one day but the flat is back

Leopardstown 3.30
Auckland 4/1 (9/2 Lads)

A 90/1 treble posted in a will win thread if you stick em all in one.

Cheers Slim and Marble for the heads up.

For those among you interested in that kind of thing it is University Day at Leopardstown. If you go there today you risk being trampled to death by a newly-shaved, fake-tanned mass of female legs.

(See you outside Club 92,Slim)

Wincanton 2:50 - Innocent Girl can't be beat. Four wins from six starts for Harry Fry, handicapper still hasn't got anywhere near to catching up with it. If you can get odds-against take the plunge. A must-include for any doubles tomorrow.

Ps... I reserve all rights not be crucified unless the horse gets beat. Thank you.

Stay off the feckin thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back