The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date

Elusive Ellen
( 4.20) absolutely blew in dropped back to this trip latest, and should have the legs of a similar bunch today.
Current 9/4 is a bonus.
Nice one. As a wordsmith the choice of language used in this post sucks, but you nailed the winner.
I didn't follow you in, but that's alright. :)

Last edited:
I'm packing the game in, but I'd like to see Triolo d'elene win this. I've never backed a national winner.

Last edited:
Ultimate sin in my book to be reporting incorrect results when people are betting on it.

they can't be blamed. the remaining 4 have been pulled up and walked that way back to the paddock. it's basically no different to them walking them off away from the track and the rules should be looked at as to what constitutes an actual finisher but i'd imagine it's a tricky one to implement.

I cant see why the tv broadcasters have some sort of duty on this front.

Think the need is obvious when its the winner and the places, but for someone betting on the distances, the commentator shouldn'y be judged if they say the winning distance is 8l when its 10l, or when they dont mention who finish 8th or 9th when it may be subject to a match bet in a bookies. You can have a bet on all sorts in a race these days and if its not who wins, or who places, you really shouldnt take any broadcasters opinion as gospel, or expect it to be so.

Last edited:
I cant see why the tv broadcasters have some sort of duty on this front.

Think the need is obvious when its the winner and the places, but for someone betting on the distances, the commentator shouldn'y be judged if they say the winning distance is 8l when its 10l, or when they dont mention who finish 8th or 9th when it may be subject to a match bet in a bookies. You can have a bet on all sorts in a race these days and if its not who wins, or who places, you really shouldnt take any broadcasters opinion as gospel, or expect it to be so.

It's not good enough to give a result and backtrack later-worst I can remember is Bob Cooper calling two photo finishes wrong one afternoon-not offering an opinion but declaring a certain horse had won -didn't offer a hint of an apology.
Where people have money on an outcome it can be emotional-if in doubt shut your mouth.

Yeah, can appreciate the point with winners and placed horses, think Derek Thompson called two wrong at Lingfield one day, and got lucky in a third (not learning for his mistake). However, I think asking broadcasters to be cognoscent of all exotic bets out there is unrealistic.

Nobody expects broadcasters to have knowledge of all betting markets but it's surely not unreasonable to expect accurate reporting of outcomes. In any case a bet on the number of finishers in the GN is hardly an exotic market. It's been available for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back