The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

I think Many Clouds pulled up yesterday, and Aspell after the last was clearing pulling him up. He was walked back through the finish line. That he was technically considered to have finished is one for the stewards. It was outright wrong to say that there were 12 finishers when there were more (technically or otherwise) but hardly unforgivable to suggest those as walking back were not pulled up.
Im sure lots of bookies had match bets that rested on whether those horses were crossed the line or were pulled up. I dont see how these minor (rather than exotic) markets should be a concern of the broadcasters.

Dundalk 8.05 Taqaseem
Dundalk 8.35 Bumper Crop

25/1 will win double.

Last edited:
Strange night Slim... 1st one well backed again close to the off, the 2nd drifted like a barge and Hayes then goes and wins the last at 10/1.... .You couldn't write it.

I feel violated. 10 declared, 2 early non runners but that's fine... Still pays 3 places and then a 50/1 rag withdrawn going into the stalls.

The 3rd place was inevitable.

8 Runners under orders. RP states 8 ran.

RP now states 7 ran. Had this one in ew double with Dineur 4.25. 9's both of them.

Last edited:
Frustrating for e/w backers but have to be disappointed that he didn't quite see out the race. He looked the winner for a long way.

New Bay looks rock solid in tomorrow's Prix d'Ispahan. Will relish the likely heavy ground, whereas the Jap horse will think he's landed on another planet, (though should still ensure a proper pace).
The rest just aren't good enough, and the general 5/2 akin to finding money in the street.

New Bay looks rock solid in tomorrow's Prix d'Ispahan. Will relish the likely heavy ground, whereas the Jap horse will think he's landed on another planet, (though should still ensure a proper pace).
The rest just aren't good enough, and the general 5/2 akin to finding money in the street.

"New Bay had a little problem over the winter and lost a bit of time so he'll need the race. The distance will suit him but he's a bit short of work"

Fabre in today's RP. Don't want to put you off a potential winner Reet and I'd agree he looks by far the best horse in the race so make of it what you want...

Back