The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
I just got back from taking someone else's wife and kid for dinner. Thanks slim, top class as always.

I like the insurance of knowing that if I do my dough I can call you all the cnuts of the day. It should be called the win/win thread.

It always means more to me when the misfortunante in life get a few quid out of my thorough trawling through the formbook and extensive networking of the deepest throats in racing.

It's not my kind of price either but we knew something the market didn't and got 7/4 about a genuine even money shot. I'm like you in that I like to invest relatively small to win big with an edge. I'd have the same amount on 2yo at 10/1 as I would at 7/4.

I should have been clearer: I got the 7/4 early (BOG) in the belief you reckoned that was generous. Normally I shy away from such short shots (or double them up if I find more than one).

I should have been clearer: I got the 7/4 early (BOG) in the belief you reckoned that was generous. Normally I shy away from such short shots (or double them up if I find more than one).

Ah fair enough. That makes more sense. The BOG concession was never in danger of activating! I get more excited backing say 12/1 shots that should be 5/1. There is no margin for error in the short ones.

I get more excited backing say 12/1 shots that should be 5/1.

Those who know me know that's my type of bet too. On balance, though, the majority of mine are probably in the 6/1 to 10/1 range where I reckon they should be half those odds.

I'm no expert in odds-compiling, mind. I just reckon if I think it has the best chance of winning then it should be favourite. If it's fav, it then becomes a matter of whether the odds are acceptable to me. If it's not favourite, it's almost certainly a bet. I don't have access to intelligence other than my own :whistle: :rolleyes:

Bruce is a halfwit.... "For transparency purposes" what he means is "i'll pretend to put up a P&L to make me look like a pro but won't keep it up to date cos actually i'm a feckless buffoon who would only be a good tipster if that skill was based on the number of words per selection"

Good work Slim.

Slim, you can't quit, you and gig are the only reason I still have funds to back all my guesses!!!!! You've both been brilliant, seems like once word gets out that this thread really is for winners it won't be bombarded with fellow guessers, that is why I've never put anything on here...although I've had word on a decent two year old in smarts yard and will inform all when it is due to run if the word remains good. Don't leave me slim, it feels like a break up...

Back