The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Yes but it's horses for courses to an extent. I took 10/1 Highland Castle and got the 12s, and 7/1 Al Muheer and got the 8s. As I said before, I have no access to 'intelligence' other than my own. I have no idea whether my fancy is going to be gambled so for me it's important to make sure I don't lose out.

And Parbold the other week won at 7/2 after taking the 9/4. Fortunately I had the BOG.

Yes but it's horses for courses to an extent. I took 10/1 Highland Castle and got the 12s, and 7/1 Al Muheer and got the 8s. As I said before, I have no access to 'intelligence' other than my own. I have no idea whether my fancy is going to be gambled so for me it's important to make sure I don't lose out.

And Parbold the other week won at 7/2 after taking the 9/4. Fortunately I had the BOG.

Yeah Parbold was the odd one out. It was a hot race but given the bombs for him his SP was still remarkably big. I look forward to your opinion on the Royal Ascot handicaps!

Maybe we should all start a thread where we just pm each other? :lol:
Nice tipping Slim - whatever it was.

Maybe we should all start a thread where we just pm each other? :lol:
Nice tipping Slim - whatever it was.

I had to be careful with the one today as someone might have interpreted my source wrongly.

I'm just picking them out of the paper...

Haydock 4.50

BOMBER THORN 5/6
B c Manduro - Treble Heights.
Half-brother to Brown Panther and encouraging debut when three quarters of a length second of six to Continuum over 12 furlongs at Haydock May 23.

Trainer says,
"A little disappointed that he didn't win first time but pleased with his performance for all that. Whereas Brown Panther was quite forward, this one has been backward. I will be surprised if he doesn't win at Haydock on June 12. Might have a bit more pace than Panther."

Haydock 4.50

BOMBER THORN 5/6
B c Manduro - Treble Heights.
Half-brother to Brown Panther and encouraging debut when three quarters of a length second of six to Continuum over 12 furlongs at Haydock May 23.

Trainer says,
"A little disappointed that he didn't win first time but pleased with his performance for all that. Whereas Brown Panther was quite forward, this one has been backward. I will be surprised if he doesn't win at Haydock on June 12. Might have a bit more pace than Panther."

Too short.

Tickled Pink (7.30 Leop) ran a stormer fto this season, and was fully expected to improve for the run. However, she met (basically) a gp1 field on her next outing and the ground went against her.
Back down in class and against her own sex today, and from the ideal draw, she ought to have these for breakfast.
(Wouldn't be a bet with significant rainfall though).

Tickled Pink (7.30 Leop) ran a stormer fto this season, and was fully expected to improve for the run. However, she met (basically) a gp1 field on her next outing and the ground went against her.
Back down in class and against her own sex today, and from the ideal draw, she ought to have these for breakfast.
(Wouldn't be a bet with significant rainfall though).

The going is good but your bet is still bad.

Dear Followers,
You all flock daily to the thread in the hope that the 'Slim Chance of Losing' card can point all you guessers in the right direction. However I only post one when I must. This morning as the sun was rising and its first rays glared through the crack in my curtains as I totted up the last of my calculations on my abacus I came up with the following:

Edith Cowan (Leop 8.00)

This will win - take 85/40 with BetVictor until he's bleeding from his ears.

As a confirmed clueless guesser who believes the sun shines through your crack every day, I have duly and gratefully taken note of your sage wisdom

take 85/40 with BetVictor until he's bleeding from his ears.

Slim, allow me to apologise in advance for not following you in. I really struggle to get the better of VC. If he's longer than everyone else it's nearly always for a reason. I might beat him in non-racing markets but I really struggle otherwise.

I am with you in spirit but not in cash.

Hope you f&ck him!:)

Slim, allow me to apologise in advance for not following you in. I really struggle to get the better of VC. If he's longer than everyone else it's nearly always for a reason. I might beat him in non-racing markets but I really struggle otherwise.

I am with you in spirit but not in cash.

Hope you f&ck him!:)

I know who prices their Irish racing and I know why he is longest this horse and shortest another horse in the race. I also know he's wrong on both counts.

Trust me.

Back