The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Eastlake (3,15 Ayr) needs a stiff test at this trip, and with all 3 opponents to force the pace, ought to win this cosily.

Kimi Raikkonen will win the Bahrain Grand Prix (9/1 - Sporting, Victor) by having one less pit-stop than the opposition. :cool:

Crazy price from PP about Sizing Europe in the W/O market today.

4/5

Noble Prince best days appear to be way behind him (and even at his best he wouldn't have had the beating of SE) and there's no reason to suggest Foildubh can turn around the 10L beating he was given by SE in the Tied Cottage (when in receipt of 8LB).

That just leaves Days Hotel and on official ratings and a line through Foildubh from his last race he too has plenty to find on his more illustrious stablemate.

He may even end up attempting to take them along according to HDB in today's RP and while he's the most likely of the rags to have improvement in him, that could just set it up for SS and SE to go on near home.

To put the 4/5 in perspective, Sizing Europe went off at 1/8 in the Tied Cottage.

Ladbrokes are much more the price I would expect @ 2/5.

Lee

Madness.

I know betting in the W/O is never quite cut and dried but just imagine Sprinter Sacre hadn't run at Cheltenham and wasn't here today - what price would Sizing Europe be then ?

Sizing Europe just about beat Realt Dubh last year and he was beaten here when he was the Champion Chaser - maybe the end of the season catches up with him a bit?

Sizing Europe just about beat Realt Dubh last year and he was beaten here when he was the Champion Chaser - maybe the end of the season catches up with him a bit?

Exactly my thoughts-he fell over the line last year-anyone who thinks it's an each way bet to nothing might be in for a hairy time.

It's a possibility but the ground was atrocious last year so no wonder he was tired when he won and when he was just pipped off into 2nd in 2011 he was beaten by Big Zeb who was a much different calibre of horse to those in opposition today (SS obviously excepted).

He is reasonably strong in the place only and betting without markets and he has won a coupleof times at the Punchestown festival but whereas I was all in on him ew at Cheltenham I can't back him today-Foildubh place only night be the way to go.

Hope you cleaned up Lee-on a day when I fancied Mt Benbulben and Jezki I punted like a moron and ended up winning pennies when it should have been thousands.

Cheers Luke and although I managed to get on at 4/5 it wasn't nearly enough - never saw a sniff of the 10/11 with Billy's - and 8/13 started putting me off.

It's a weird bet betting w/o (for the reasons you said) as if he'd been c. 8/13 in a win market against the rest I'd have sold the wife to raise the capital.

Did have him doubled at that price with Jezki SP though as they let me have a tickle more on with the multi.

If Gassin Golf wins the 420 at Punchestown today he loses his novice status for next season.Two runs over hurdles in the first he was outstayed late on by a half brother to Brian Boru and Sea who has won since-he followed this up with a respectable effort in the Triumph.Richard Johnson is booked to ride which I also think is significant.Unfortunately I let the 6/1 go this morning but the market likes him and 9/2 guaranteed is more then fair.

If Gassin Golf wins the 420 at Punchestown today he loses his novice status for next season.Two runs over hurdles in the first he was outstayed late on by a half brother to Brian Boru and Sea who has won since-he followed this up with a respectable effort in the Triumph.Richard Johnson is booked to ride which I also think is significant.Unfortunately I let the 6/1 go this morning but the market likes him and 9/2 guaranteed is more then fair.

Elliot's horse a NR so now best price of 7/2.

Back